The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this worth 10.5k ?

SupraDan24

Hi guys, went to see this Supra yesterday in Leicester, the guy who has it said it was Px'd not long ago by a member on here, was wondering if anyone knew the car or whoever had it last so i can find out more about the car. This is the car anyway

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1314998.htm

The car was really nice in the flesh, engine bay was very clean, everything electrical worked and it seemed to change through the gears nicely (the guy who has it now said he changed the clutch last week for a new one as the old was slipping). He also said he'd service the car including changing the gearbox oil. it comes with 12 months MOT, 6 months Tax and 3 months Warrenty. Do you think guys think the asking price is okay for the car? any feedback i could get would be appreciated

Hi guys, went to see this Supra yesterday in Leicester, the guy who has it said it was Px'd not long ago by a member on here, was wondering if anyone knew the car or whoever had it last so i can find out more about the car. This is the car anyway

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1314998.htm

The car was really nice in the flesh, engine bay was very clean, everything electrical worked and it seemed to change through the gears nicely (the guy who has it now said he changed the clutch last week for a new one as the old was slipping). He also said he'd service the car including changing the gearbox oil. it comes with 12 months MOT, 6 months Tax and 3 months Warrenty. Do you think guys think the asking price is okay for the car? any feedback i could get would be appreciated

It was up for mid 9's a few weeks back. So NO from me..!!

H.

Seven and a half tops, IMO. Ridiculous price.

Would you be interested in finding one? What would be your commission for finding a 97 facelift manual TT with 50k miles for 7.5k?

For 7.5k you would need to be very lucky. Its hardly the going rate. Bargain basement yes, if you hold out and get lucky. Actual worth, not a chance.

What would you guys say was a fair price to offer the guy selling then? I did think it was high hence putting this thread on here in the first place. He took it on Px so obv he must have given the guy he got it from under the odds prices which is why i was surprised to see him selling it at a high profit even when he'd made a profit on the Px car. If that makes sense :p

I think it doesn't look bad for the money, nice wheels, looks tidy, and the spec isn't bad, but it needs viewing to really get any impression of its worth.

Always makes me laugh when everybody comments that a car is not worth the money, and then get the hump when they put there own up for sale and somebody makes a similar comment;)

When it comes down to it, if there is somebody willing to pay what your asking then fine.

I think it doesn't look bad for the money, nice wheels, looks tidy, and the spec isn't bad, but it needs viewing to really get any impression of its worth.

Always makes me laugh when everybody comments that a car is not worth the money, and then get the hump when they put there own up for sale and somebody makes a similar comment;)

When it comes down to it, if there is somebody willing to pay what your asking then fine.

:thumbs:

There should be a "This is what I got" section alongside a "This is what I want" for sale on all owners club boards, by default, then potential new owners would have a much more realistic appraisal of values ;) Someone asked if I could broker a deal on a car of X years of age. My answer is yes, I probably could, but it would be a trade sale, cash, no warranty and involving travelling and an instant, cash on the nail decision. This is where bargains are snapped up, IMHO. This is where the trade buyers get their profit, with an offer of finance, and a willingness to take a part exchange, and a nice showroom, furnished by a good body shop. Auction houses, especially import specific ones, are still the best place to buy if you are a serious cash buyer.