The mkiv Supra Owners Club

burnt headlight

jackso11

I can see that slight bubbling on the corner. Best thing to do is sand that down level with the rest of the lens (depending on how proud it is) use a course paper to take the worse out and then fine paper to finish, making sure not to catch the rest of the lens. Then mask out a fine line around the edge of the lens then spray black. (The surrounding edge of supra headlights looks black anyway, so it will not notice). Hope this makes sense, if not pm me and i will try and describe it a bit better ;)

Honestly it will look ok mate. If you look around the outer edge of the headlight there is a black looking perimeter. If you just follow this exact line with the masking tape and spray it black then no one will be non of the wiser.

I would guess that you either had the oven too hot or left them in too long or both!!

The guide on here will ruin a lot of lights IMO. I do them at 100 degrees for 10 mins. At 80 you could probably leave them in all day and get away with it.

200 degrees is heating the light up quickly, after 4 mins they will probably be about 80-100 degrees. If you leave them in any longer they will start to burn. If you put them in at 100 degrees and let them normalise over 10 mins to 100 degrees then they will be fine. What you also have to remember is that the shelf they are sitting on will be at 200 degrees, any contact to the plastic will burn it.

I tried to help out in the guide by putting in the correct temp but most people are tending to ignore it and going with the guide.