The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alarm Recommendation..... Thought The Supe Had Been Stolen....

Holden1989

Went to fright night at Thorpe Park the other night, and took me over an hour to find the NA, at which point i thought it had been stolen - not good and was quite upset (not that it would have been stolen but telling the other half) :scare:

So made me think, it hasnt got an alarm on it at the moment and it would be seriously easy to get into and just drive away (especially somewhere like that), has anyone got any recommendations for a basic but effective alarm that doesnt cost the earth?

Dont want anything fancy, just something that goes beep :)

TIA

Im sure there is good clifford alarms of Ebay, the guy comes out to your house and installs it, within a certain distance of course. But as with all Ebay stuff do some research before buying from the Seller.

I myself have got a Cobra Alarm, was installed as part of my single build, think it was about £300 all in. :D

Your thinking has to be towards the joyrider type. With pro's it wouldn't make a difference what you do, also it's not really a pro-eye-catching car :p

As above, bottom of the range clifford would be fine. As long as when you open the door it goes off, that should keep the regular scum at bay.

If you want to spend a little more go for any clifford with blackjax, and make sure you use it.

Your thinking has to be towards the joyrider type. With pro's it wouldn't make a difference what you do, also it's not really a pro-eye-catching car :p

As above, bottom of the range clifford would be fine. As long as when you open the door it goes off, that should keep the regular scum at bay.

If you want to spend a little more go for any clifford with blackjax, and make sure you use it.

Its the scum i was thinking about yes, i had spent all day surrounded by chavs so thoughts along those lines were going through my head

Clifford are good.

But which one, i have no idea what clifford does what :search: Certainly dont want anything like a remote start (although when losing it in a car park that might help to find)

Kayla, I'm surprised you were able to insure it without an alarm fitted.

I'd search for Clifford and Toad, and (possibly) fit something cheap if budget's very tight.

I dont know about the insurance, Rob sorts it out, but dont worry it is insured :D

Budgets not tight, just dont see the point in installing an amazing alarm, plus we have to get a new (amazing) one for the TT aswell :rolleyes::)

I have a laminated picture of MattH in my car.

That's enough to deter any thieves

:D

Now Kayla that sure is a budget alarm! Though it might put you off driving :p

Don't even know why I am joining the Matt H bashing, his always very nice to me (not anymore I guess).