The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Take care on the roads! (Misted Window brigade rant + new alloys)

DSK

Just a quick note to fellow members, when travelling in the early hours of the morning just give a wide bith to many the usual dimwits with misted up windows even if you are certain they know you are there!

I was alongside one for some time about 1/4 of a mile, then noticed the car comming into my lane, so I held the horn consistently beeping but still no action taken by the dimwit forcing me to swipe the kerb at around 40mph or make contact.

I stopped straight after thinking ouch, must have a tyre thats also deflating etc, but touch wood, I managed to get another full geo setup, showing not much of an issue, so the front was realigned with no firther damage to the cars components. However the alloy is hideously grazed/scraped 3/4 the way round, so this incident is going to cost me a new set of alloys which could have been avoided if people actually demisted their windows and woke up when actually driving at 5am. Touch wood as I'm having a full new set of 18" Michelin PS2's fitted as well on the weekend!

Now got to find a set of alloys FFSK, can't spare the cash for Advans, don't like any of the Rota designs but they are decent quality, the Ultralite GT2 look small for 18"'s when fitted to the Supra so most probably going to get a set of Jade R's.

Anyone know of a very competitive retailer for the JADE R in 8.5Jx18 and 9.5Jx18"?

Just a quick note to fellow members, when travelling in the early hours of the morning just give a wide bith to many the usual dimwits with misted up windows even if you are certain they know you are there!

I was alongside one for some time about 1/4 of a mile, then noticed the car comming into my lane, so I held the horn consistently beeping but still no action taken by the dimwit forcing me to swipe the kerb at around 40mph or make contact.

I stopped straight after thinking ouch, must have a tyre thats also deflating etc, but touch wood, I managed to get another full geo setup, showing not much of an issue, so the front was realigned with no firther damage to the cars components. However the alloy is hideously grazed/scraped 3/4 the way round, so this incident is going to cost me a new set of alloys which could have been avoided if people actually demisted their windows and woke up when actually driving at 5am. Touch wood as I'm having a full new set of 18" Michelin PS2's fitted as well on the weekend!

Now got to find a set of alloys FFSK, can't spare the cash for Advans, don't like any of the Rota designs but they are decent quality, the Ultralite GT2 look small for 18"'s when fitted to the Supra so most probably going to get a set of Jade R's.

Anyone know of a very competitive retailer for the JADE R in 8.5Jx18 and 9.5Jx18"?

Save and get Advans mate. :) The unsprung weight is never extolled. Should be though. Bear in mind you need a geo done.:)

Save and get Advans mate. :) The unsprung weight is never extolled. Should be though. Bear in mind you need a geo done.:)

The car had a geo setup from Nottingham Alignment Services on the Hunter Hawkeye system about 2 months ago and today when I went in, the rear's were all within spec and didn't touch the kerb and the front end was re-set as to how it should be which had been knocked out.