The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Southern Jap Karting Meet

mawby

Moved as requested....

hi guys.heres some details about carting.im putting it on other owners sites too.could someone post it in the relevent section please

Hi guys/girls. we are trying to organise a indoor karting event for sometime next month. it will take place at Go karting for fun at Gosport/fareham.

The format would be to have a team endurance race which consists of a race briefing, practice session and a 120 minute race including pit stops.

The price would be £150 per team and each team needs 5-6 drivers, so if your team has 5 drivers the cost would be £30 each.

The winning team is the one that has completed the most laps in the 120 min session and trophies and undrinkable sparkling wine(mmm) will be awarded to the top 3 teams.

Food and drink can be provided if need be as there is a café there (burgers, chips etc)

This invite is getting posted on the other owners club web sites and is open to anyone who has a modified/import car etc

.we think it would be a really good idea to get everyone together so we can see each others cars, have a chat/laugh and try out some of our driving skills without getting caught or crashing .lol

Weve had a good response from people so far but I cant book a date/time until I can gauge numbers so if you want to get a team together and come please let me know asap and hopefully we can get this sorted. it should be a good time.

Also if people interested could let me know wether they would prefer to do it at the weekend or a weekday evening that would be great.

Heres some directions to the karting center:-

http://www.gokartingforfun.com/gosport_ml.html

and heres the track layout:-

http://www.gokartingforfun.com/gosport_tl.html

cheers

steve mercer

[email protected]

07793 540886

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely up for it. I live around 100 metres from the front door so would be a fool not too!

I've just spoken to Steve, and he said it can take up to 14 teams there, so I suppose we could get 3-4 Supra teams or whatever, depending on how many more people/teams sign up from the Skyline, GTO, Scooby sites.

I'd personally like to go on a weekday evening, but can make the weekend as well.

Shall we start a confirmed list then so he can get numbers, and book a date?

I suppose I'd better start a new team if you Bournemouth boys are sticking together then!

Anyone from Fareham, Gosport, Portsmouth, Southampton area up for a 5 man/woman team?

You forgot about me Steve, I'm hurt now...

Up for this, as long as it's a weekend that I'm not booked up already for :)

1. Steve W2

2. Dangerous Brain

3. The Real Brains

4. WSB2 w/end

5. SimonB w/end

6. Elliot - w/end or wd/eve

7. James (Elliot's mate) CBR600 - w/end or wd/eve

Originally posted by SimonB

You forgot about me Steve, I'm hurt now...

Up for this, as long as it's a weekend that I'm not booked up already for :)

1. Steve W2

2. Dangerous Brain

3. The Real Brains

4. WSB2 w/end

5. SimonB w/end

6. Elliot - w/end or wd/eve

7. James (Elliot's mate) CBR600 - w/end or wd/eve

I don't know if this makes it worse but i didn't forget about you I noticed you don't seem to have been around lately so didn't mention it.

But thats cool we don't need Tim now:D If Tim comes we can make up a 6 although thats not as good as a 5 as you have to do more driver changes and hinder your chances of winning;)

Sounds like it's going to be more than a mini-meet, with the amount of other teams from other car sites interested, looks like there'll be plenty of nice cars there!

Looks like there's one 'Team Supra' (5-6 of you Bournemouth lot!)done. Anyone want to start making another one?

Once we've got numbers Steve-o can work out the date & everyone can confirm they can still make it.

Originally posted by Steve W2

I don't know if this makes it worse but i didn't forget about you I noticed you don't seem to have been around lately so didn't mention it.

But thats cool we don't need Tim now:D If Tim comes we can make up a 6 although thats not as good as a 5 as you have to do more driver changes and hinder your chances of winning;)

Charming! I miss a couple of meets while the car's in the bodyshop and I'm yesterday's news :p. For some reason I've never actually been karting, so I'm bound to be crap.

Originally posted by SimonB

Charming! I miss a couple of meets while the car's in the bodyshop and I'm yesterday's news :p. For some reason I've never actually been karting, so I'm bound to be crap.

Tim, I didn't mean it we do need you:D

Yeah that will be cool, we can sort a date out and see that everyone can still make it. I'm up for anything.......you may have heard!:D

right lads.correct me if im wrong but is this your list:-

suprachris

DB

the real DB

elliot

steve w2

simon b

tim

wsb2

and james (elliots mate)

if so try and get 1 more and i can put you down for 2 supra teams.

its looking like it will be on a weekday evening meeting at about 7.30/8pm.

i know some of you said you would prefer w/ends but most are booked and we will get more time on an evening.

please let me know if this is ok.cheers guys

steve

I'm not sure if Tim is karting or not if he comes, he will have to clarify:)

I can do evenings but would like to know roughly when we are planning this for. next week, next month, in July???

I am more tha likely off on a business trip to the states anywhere between 16-30th May for at least a week. If its organised then I would have to miss out:confused:

I am well up for this so you will just have to schedule around me:p ;)

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

that fine to me,

Can i grab a lift with u steve if u still have ur car, aint been in a TT yet :)

I'll consider your request and let you know........NO!!!

Yeah, if you want mate:) As long as you keep your hands off me:D It will probably feel a lot lower than your used to with yur high ass standardmobile:p

Come on you lot - one more for 2 teams! I can probably get someone else to come along, but would prefer another Supra/Jap car owner really.

I thought we'd fill 2 or 3 teams easily, the amount of Supe owners that live near here.

7-8pm on a weekday is fine with me, so is the beginning of June.

OK a date has been arranged for this now -

*Friday 4th June, Arrive 7.30pm for 8pm start*

So the Karting place don't turn away other bookings and nobody turns up & them lose their money, we need to put a deposit down.

I phoned them on Friday about paying my £10 deposit, but they wanted one single £400 deposit from the whole group doing it. I spoke to Steve-o today & he sorted out with them to pay deposits for each team of 5-6 members.

So, we need people to confirm whether or not they can make it that time and date and then sort the teams & pay the deposit.

I will be paying £20 for myself and a friend, so if there are 3 others who are teamless give me a shout, so we can get the money together for a team.

I don't mind paying the deposit, and collecting the £10 from you on the night as long you turn up! I'm a student & losing any amount of money seriously affects my chance of keeping my Supe!

I don't know how well you Bournemouth boys know/trust each other so maybe you could sort something out so one member pays the deposit over the phone or whatever, and the rest reimburse him/her.

We need to sort this out between ourselves fairly quickly, then I'll double-check the numbers with Steve, then we can book up!

So - who's 100% in...?

1) Elliot

2) James

(need 3 more before I pay deposit)

Hey this is technically the weekend as Pete tong will have allready officially announced the weekend as having started. I don't think there are any other meets scheduled for that day so If you like as me an mrs are £20 already I will pay the Bournemouth team deposit if you give me a reference number for our team or summat like that and post the phone number cos I am a lazy shite and can't be assed to go look for it I will bell them and pay the Bournemouth Massifs team deposit.