The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice needed!

MATT RR

Im selling my UK spec supra and had a pm of a member who has just joined the club in Oct, is located in Norway, has no posts and no sales feedback asking the following:

"I am interested in the car. But before I decide I must check whether the car is approved here in Norway.

Can you send me the Vin number and send me a picture of the vehicle registration?"

Is this normal/necessary? At first sight it made me very cautious!!

Cheers

Matt

liking your taste of music mate

me and you are going to get on very well :cool:

If you like old Thrash stuff, I'm bigging this up at the minute 'cos they were a horribly underrated band and they've just put all their albums up for free download...

ANACRUSIS

I'd recommend the album "Suffering Hour" - 'World to Gain' & 'Fighting Evil' are top tracks.

due to the fact im not a "paid member" im not allowed to view it. how gay!

seems i shall have to get paid up... *sigh

If you are planning on staying you need to tone down your language and approach.

It is unnecessary to suggest somebody is sent Anthrax when the guy wants real responses and not flippant comments.

You need to watch how you behave on the forum.

"I am interested in the car. But before I decide I must check whether the car is approved here in Norway.

Can you send me the Vin number and send me a picture of the vehicle registration?"

Is this normal/necessary? At first sight it made me very cautious!!

I would provide him with the VIN no. and if you are worried then take a pic of only the front cover of the V5.

if you got a visit from a local buyer would you let them view the engine bay, of course you would and they could get the VIN details........again would you let them inspect the V5?

Anyone can travel to a number of local cars and get the chassis details they need, or in fact can just make one up?

Selling is not easy at present, there has been a massive surge of interest from abroad, you should be helpful to all enquiries...........the only thing to worry about is the money side of things when/if it gets to that stage :)

I would provide him with the VIN no. and if you are worried then take a pic of only the front cover of the V5.

if you got a visit from a local buyer would you let them view the engine bay, of course you would and they could get the VIN details........again would you let them inspect the V5?

Anyone can travel to a number of local cars and get the chassis details they need, or in fact can just make one up?

Selling is not easy at present, there has been a massive surge of interest from abroad, you should be helpful to all enquiries...........the only thing to worry about is the money side of things when/if it gets to that stage :)

Thanks. see your point but I still dont undertand why anyone would need this info, and for what check? Im in no rush to sell the car and just want an easy sale, if I have to wait for that I dont mind.

The buyer lives in Norway. they will have different import regs to us. He will have to check to see whether that particular model has type approval for his country. IMO the request is reasonable under the circumstances. Lets face it, these days vin numbers are clearly visible on most cars anyway.