The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dodgy sounding european?

Guest shanew1108

Guest shanew1108

Well put my supra up for sale regrettable the other day and last nite at about 11.30pm my phone just kept ringing and ringing, then i got a text saying "best price for supra i pick it up 2moro" so i text back saying explaining it was nearly midnite and to call in the morning.........

Sure enough 8am my phone rang, so i answered...... and got a voice what sounded like a french accent saying

"im in uk to buy lots of supras how much do u want and i will collect today" i told him i wanted £3900 he offered me £3200 and i refused and told him to aim a bit higher to which he said ok and politly put the phone down !!!!

Midday came so i had ride out to good old macdonalds....leaving my phone at home, got back and i had 5 missed calls off the same number the guy rang me off in the morning, tried calling back with no answer!!!!!!1

im now left wondering if this guy was a joker or he had intent.

Well put my supra up for sale regrettable the other day and last nite at about 11.30pm my phone just kept ringing and ringing, then i got a text saying "best price for supra i pick it up 2moro" so i text back saying explaining it was nearly midnite and to call in the morning.........

Sure enough 8am my phone rang, so i answered...... and got a voice what sounded like a french accent saying

"im in uk to buy lots of supras how much do u want and i will collect today" i told him i wanted £3900 he offered me £3200 and i refused and told him to aim a bit higher to which he said ok and politly put the phone down !!!!

Midday came so i had ride out to good old macdonalds....leaving my phone at home, got back and i had 5 missed calls off the same number the guy rang me off in the morning, tried calling back with no answer!!!!!!1

im now left wondering if this guy was a joker or he had intent.

I thought the French had issues importing JDM cars? Hence why you see many of the UK spec cars going over there.

Guest shanew1108
I thought the French had issues importing JDM cars? Hence why you see many of the UK spec cars going over there.

cant be positve it was french thats what it sounded like, he was quite persistant with his phone calls, and insisted "he was buying lots of supras"