The mkiv Supra Owners Club

best uk pads?!

Mas

This might have been covered a few times but what Ive found while searching was mostly about j-spec brakes and not uk or didnt give the answer Im looking for!

Which pads are the best in the market with best stopping power and close as possible to dust free ?! endless, TRD, CW's ... ?

If any trader has any good one in stock I'd be interested to know the prices as Im after a full set front and back for my UK brakes.

I really rate Endless CCR pads.

They take no time to warm up, fairly low dust and hard wearing. I didn't get any fade of a lap of the 'ring either.

I like the Endless and the Hawk HP+, I didn't like Porterfields, too dusty and braking performance seemed to be lacking.

see i hear mixed things about endless... i heard porterfields are the shit these days even though they have discountinued the R4 pads which were probly the best comprimise for track and street use. After being in a few cars with porterfields id put my money on them, brakes were always there and gripped hard

didn't like Porterfields, too dusty and braking performance seemed to be lacking.

Which Porterfields? I used the Racing ones on my old UK spec, and although very dusty, I found thier performance to be excellent, both on the road and plenty of fast laps of the 'Ring.

Which Porterfields? I used the Racing ones on my old UK spec, and although very dusty, I found thier performance to be excellent, both on the road and plenty of fast laps of the 'Ring.

R4s - it was the dust that annoyed me more than the braking performance but they didn't amaze me enough with stopping to compensate for the twice daily wheel cleaning.

PF were about as good as they got, you'll be hard pressed to find any new ones nowadays though. When I get a bit of time I will see who else offers serious race pads for the UK / US spec calipers. Porterfield R4 are good, if crude, as they are very hard an discs, and have a high sintered iron content which plays hell with wheel paint. and side body paint from iridescent particles fusing into the finish.

Iv got the porterfield R4 race pads which are Carbon Kevlar. I have done atleast 300 road miles with them and they still squeel like hell. It is now getting to the point of taking them out and finding something else if they do not get any better in the next 100 or so miles.

Edited by tony1 (see edit history)

I had endless (ccx on the front and sss on the rear) and they were great. Although after a day at llandow they mannaged to slide out of the caliper a little :S They did gettt incredibly hot though, The braking was very good on the other hand.

I have EBC red stuff's on at the moment. Did a track day yesterday and had to use them in anger for the first time and i dont like them at all. Was having trouble getting the abs to kick in even on a damp track. The performance just wasnt there and they didnt seem to bite like the endless. They are fine for normal road use though.

Iv got the porterfield R4 race pads which are Carbon Kevlar. I have done atleast 300 road miles with them and they still squeel like hell. It is now getting to the point of taking them out and finding something else if they do not get any better in the next 100 or so miles.

R4's have a lot of sintered iron in them, and such pads are very noisy. They are a race compound, and as such noise is not something the makers will worry about at all.

Are these pads not the top race spec pads that have an ideal operating temp of something like 900 degrees?? I would not have thought they would be much use on the road and noisey as hell.

I use the Porterfield R4S and they are the best pads ive ever used, very dusty though and now ive read what Chris has put about the meterial content I will be washing my car at the weekend to get all the dust off from the Anglesey track day.