The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater problems, any quick fix?

pbryant_knight

HI All,

Some of you may be aware that i've been having problems with my heater and i have no warm air coming in?

The garage says it is the valve on top of the Matrix itself and will be a bitch to fix (and expensive) as the whole dash needs to come out?

Anyone know a quick fix to get heat into the car without actually replacing/fixing the matrix?

Somewhere along the lines of fitting a second matrix in the engine bay and routing the heat inside.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not bothered about being cold (i'm a hard geordie lad :) ) it's not being able to defrost my winscreen that's gonna kill me. means i can't drive the car in the frost and snow, and face it, we live in England so it's nearly always cold.

Any ideas would be of help (i've tried the ceramic fan heater and it's a steaming pile of crap, even the so-called powerful 150w one)

Cheers

Peter

when i changed my matrix i didnt see any valve on top of the matrix

if they mean the valve that opens and shuts for cold/hot you can get at it by removing the upper glove box innards, its electronically operated so you can see if it is working,when you turn the temp dial it shoud move back and forward.good luck if you decide to change the matrix then pm me i cant tell you where to get a new replacement for 60 odd quid