The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New wheels arrived today

miko_supra

I want those wheels. I take it you will be having your arches rolled to fit the rear rubber in? Offset of 30, right?

They do look good :) I am deciding between Jade-r in black, or these in black or bronze.

Yeah the rear arches are going to be trimmed back a little rather than rolled to accommodate the wheels. I really like these, they suit the solid look of the supra and aren't a bad price either.

Very nice indeed they will look lovely when they are on!!

You might struggle with grip though if you leave them like that :D

Hehe yep, might get a lot of tramlining...get it? tra... Ok sorry :innocent:

They are one of my favourite wheels and I am thinking of getting a set once funds become avaliable for it.

Are you planning on running the standard suspension?

Hehe yep, might get a lot of tramlining...get it? tra... Ok sorry :innocent:

They are one of my favourite wheels and I am thinking of getting a set once funds become avaliable for it.

Are you planning on running the standard suspension?

I'm going to be running stock bilsteins with either eibach or tein springs to give the car a more aggressive look and i'll see how I get along with those. Ideally I would go for brand new shocks and springs but I have many other plans where that extra £300 can be spent.

Nice, You can get the Supra decals from ebay for the brakes to make them look original again...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-Brake-Caliper-Decals-x6-original-pattern_W0QQitemZ180408598024QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a0130be08

Yeah the rear arches are going to be trimmed back a little rather than rolled to accommodate the wheels. I really like these, they suit the solid look of the supra and aren't a bad price either.

you have good taste :) I run the exact same wheel and 265 on the rear with stock uk suspension and ride but haven't needed to do any arch work.. 275 look like they'd fit too so do you really need to do arch work?

you have good taste :) I run the exact same wheel and 265 on the rear with stock uk suspension and ride but haven't needed to do any arch work.. 275 look like they'd fit too so do you really need to do arch work?

What offset and widths did you get on the rear? I shall have to see once the tyres are on if any work will need doing to stop rubbing.

and no rubbing at all? Is UK suspension harder? or do you have the bilsteins on? I know they were an upgrade on J-spec, could have been standardon UK spec.

Correct I'm running entirely stock uk suspension which is iirc stiffer than jdm and Its not lowered. Had these wheels on for over a year and it's my sole car. No scrubbing has happened and I think I'm on my 3rd set of rear rubber now, not even when I boot it in 1st and the rear squat right down :) no sign of arches having had any contact either

wouldn't mind getting the arches flared out as I like that look, would have got arch enemy to do that if it was required, but right now no it's not a necessity.

Can take a pic or two tomorrow and attach it FYI if it helps.

I have the same wheels - but powder coated black - now where did you get your nuts from?

Hey si

I got a set with the wheels myself when I bought then from envy ages ago.

Jacko & miko, pics uploading shortly.

Glad mine's red and yours is black, as otherwise if you did move down bmth area I'd think I've got an admirer :p

si

Edited by caseys (see edit history)

http://gallery.me.com/simoncasey/100026/IMG_0165.jpg?derivative=medium&source=web.jpg&type=medium&ver=12568070200001

ok not too much clearance...and apologies for the shonky looking spats which need sorting..

http://gallery.me.com/simoncasey/100026/IMG_0167/web.jpg?ver=12568070230001

http://gallery.me.com/simoncasey/100026/IMG_0168.jpg?derivative=medium&source=web.jpg&type=medium&ver=12568070270001

Apologies for quality, it's a camera phone and I also have a busted ankle so couldn't lean down for that long.