The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi all what car????

Guest kj200sx

Guest kj200sx

first of all would like to say hi to everyone as new to the site and secondly im looking to get a supra tt so rather than waste ages looking what is the best car to start of with year/model etc etc as this will be a long project as want to aim for about 600bhp in the end and a nice reliable car so any help suggestions would be much appriciated so i can start looking and get a rough figure of what i need to save as the prices seem to vary from £4500-£10000 are there in massive differences in the models or are these prices just dependant on condition/mods etc thanks in advance

Lol welcome. :)

Download these for your model differences.

The big price differences are usually between:-

Normally aspirated and twin turbo.

Single turbo and twin. :D

Normal coupe and the aerotop.

Manual and auto.

Jap spec and UK.

Pre facelift and facelift.

Non vvti and vvti.

Then there nominal differences for leather etc. Whether there are decent after market mods in place.

Basically what the owner thinks it's worth. :)

There's a lot of reading to do, but it is worth it.

Hello & Welcome THC.

Price all depends on the factors which Andy has mentioned above.

If you are serious about buying a Supra then I'd suggust you do as much research and read as possible. This will make you familiar with the Supra and also give you a more better idea of what you are after without your budget.

A lot of good Supra are for sale here within our "For Sale" section, club members cars are normally better looked after as they care as much to spending time on the forum to improve their car.

Looks like you already own\drive a 200sx so I am presuming you are looking for maybe a TT? Not Audi :D

Guest kj200sx

yeah defo looking for twin turbo and not a auto. i fancy a supra as had a few 200sx few subaru and gt4 and also gto tt and an evo so apart from a r34 gtr which is way out of my price range ive always wanted a supra turbo i was hoping for a quick answer but guess ill have to stop being lazy and get reading lol and as for the full stops etc i can only appoligise as im useless with all that cheers

yeah defo looking for twin turbo and not a auto. i fancy a supra as had a few 200sx few subaru and gt4 and also gto tt and an evo so apart from a r34 gtr which is way out of my price range ive always wanted a supra turbo i was hoping for a quick answer but guess ill have to stop being lazy and get reading lol and as for the full stops etc i can only appoligise as im useless with all that cheers

Dont rule out the auto until you have tried it, its a great box.

With what your looking at paying for a 6 speed TT i would guess 7-8k upwards for a good one.

was hoping to spend around the 6k mark but am considering buying a smashed one and doing it up as its a project anyway

Welcome to the forum :)

You're certainly not the 1st of us to have moved here from 200sx ownership. (I'm one of them)

You'll struggle to get a 6 speed manual TT for £6K, most seem to go for £8k+, with tidy ones fetching around the £10k mark.

It's unlikely that you'll pick up a broken one cheap, as the gearbox and engine are worth the best park of £5k on thier own secondhand!

Guest kj200sx

i got offerd a smashed manual about 8 mths ago for around the 3k mark but thought it was to much as wanted about £1500 spending to get it straight guess i should have brought it lol but will keep my eye out for one as i save anyway you never know ay

i got offerd a smashed manual about 8 mths ago for around the 3k mark but thought it was to much as wanted about £1500 spending to get it straight guess i should have brought it lol but will keep my eye out for one as i save anyway you never know ay

£3k? You could have sold the engine and gearbox for £4k and made a £1k profit without touching a thing!

Also Remember although you could pick up a Supra for cheap, don't expect other things to be cheap. Budget yourself for insurance etc but I am sure you have done this already :).

Guest kj200sx

i really didnt realise the engine/box was worth that much nevermind insurance is not a problem but want to get some idea on modding these befor i jump in head first as want to have enough to do a few mods as soon as i buy one unless its how i want it from the start can hope i suppose

Welcome to the forum, as others have said use the search button it's your friend. You also might want to consider paying for membership as it gives you full access to the members area.

Paul has a tidy 600BHP single for sale at the moment £13,995. All the major work is done you just need to add the finishing touches.

It will cost you a lot more than that to do your own conversion from TT to single and it comes in the best colour........black :D

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=143370

Guest kj200sx

stunning car and the sort of thing i would like but way more than i will have to spend i know it will cost more to do myself but will be abit of an ongoing project so unless i come into some cash somehow will have to start with something abit cheaper i think but you never know and how much is membership anyway as will join when fully when i get a car

Guest kj200sx

ive owned quite a few performance cars now and know what you mean but have got to be realistic in what i can pay at the min well near future anyway (hopefully) but not after a real cheap dog just something that is average middle of the range sort of thing but will start looking soon as i have the money ready as cant stand seeing something you want and dont have the cash lol