The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not to pricey Turbo for NA

Guest George89

Guest George89

Hi i was looking at this site and i am finding some manifolds, turbos and stuff for quite cheap. Would it be worth to buy some of this and turbo my NA supra and get abour 100bhp extra and then in future i will just slowly upgrade everything first intercooler then turbo etc.

http://www.xs-power.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25

They prices are really cheap compare to the rest i have been finding manifolds over a gran and turbos over a gran etc. I just want a basic turbo really and probaly 2JZ-GTE pistons for lower compression and thicker headgasket

Guest George89

ok thanks for letting me know, but is their any decent sites i can find manifolds and turbos for not too expensive? i don't want redicolous performance to begin with. maybe about 100 bhp gain

ok thanks for letting me know, but is their any decent sites i can find manifolds and turbos for not too expensive? i don't want redicolous performance to begin with. maybe about 100 bhp gain

Speak with the traders, they can usually point to good value products.......

Dont believe what the internetz sites tells you, they lies ;)

Unless you have over £5k going don't even think about the single option.

As mentioned before, XS power is utter garbage.

Guest George89

What about used manifold and twin turbos from the GTE engine and the pistons, headgasket etc? i know it wont perform like the GTE but would that be worth considering?

What about used manifold and twin turbos from the GTE engine and the pistons, headgasket etc? i know it wont perform like the GTE but would that be worth considering?

The NA and TT manifolds aren't the same as the exhaust ports are slightly different, which means you are SOOL (....out of luck) with using a TT manifold.

The NA-T option really isn't the most economical or easiest way of doing things, that said it isn't an impossible task either but not one I'd take on lightly unless you are prepared for the pitfalls.

The easiest option is the TT lump change (as has been covered lots of times before). Do a search for NA-TT...

*must be going soft in my age* ;)