The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electric Fans .......was BL turbo kit with 1331 crank hp

MONKEYmark

im supprised i not seen anyone post up this supra. got it off

http://www.to4r.com/to4r.html web site in the top hp chart. it has a few BL parts. he was getting a slating for been a dyno queen and not running his car on supra forums. good to see people pushing the supra forward. its same turbo skyline lee got.

peter`s engine

what does everyone think of it?

Full Parts List:

Engine:

BL Custom Single Turbo Kit

(incl 76mm Garrett GT42 DBB)

BL Custom 4-inch Full-Length DP/MP

HKS GTII 52 mm Wastegate

HKS SSBOV

HKS Racing BOV II

GReddy 4-Row FMIC

Custom PM 3.5-Inch IC Piping

BL 5-Inch Intake Piping And K&N Intake

HKS 272 Cam Shafts, Intake And Exhaust

NGK Spark Plugs

Fluidyne Radiator

Electric Fans

BL/PM Custom 4-Inch Exhaust With Custom 5-Inch Muffler

BL Radiator Plate

Carillo H-Beam Rods

CP Pistons, 0.020 Overbore

Custom Pins And Rings

Crower Titanium Springs and Retainers

BL Crank Pulley

Fuel:

1050 cc Fuel Injectors

Custom BL Fuel Rail

Three Walbro In-Tank Pumps

Weldon Fuel Pressure Regulator

Dual-Feed Center Return Rail

Electronics:

AEM EMS

Blitz Spec R Boost Controller

Interior:

GReddy Boost Gauge

GReddy Fuel Pressure Gauge

GReddy Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge

Drivetrain:

WOTM Clutch

TRD Rear End

Suspension/Brakes:

Eibach Sport Lowering Springs

Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Wheels/Tires:

Polished Fikse ARO Wheels

18x9.5 Front, 18x11 Rear

BFG G-Force TA KD 265/35/18 Front

BFG G-Force Drag Radial 295/35/18 Rear

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Paul Laing

What a beast, also has twin electric fans conversion, 1000+bhp and electric fans, must be better than the "stock" viscious fan eh

Who said it wasn't.......

Paul

This is an area similar to induction kits, people say they dont do anything, yet every/some big power Supra(s) have them......

Originally posted by Paul Laing

What a beast, also has twin electric fans conversion, 1000+bhp and electric fans, must be better than the "stock" viscious fan eh

Who said it wasn't.......

Paul

Me. I stand by it, and anyone who has *some* technical knowledge would too. :rolleyes:

I've had my elec fans /w Fluidyne Radiator on some fairly spirited driving over the weekend in the heat. I have yet to see my temp guage move at all. Works like a champ.

The people that seem to complain about overheating seem to be stacking oil coolers behind. Could be most likely the prob or a combiation of crap fans.

Yes, which is why some people fit them because they don't need the cooling of the stock fan. Electric is fine for some, but for cooling is inferior to stock, only an issue in more extreme driving.

If Mr Blach was going to take his car to a track, then he would have stayed on stock fans. :)

Guest Terry S

I ran twin electric.....never again, their failure cost me a fortune. For meI'll stick with stock viscous, and add a small electric if necessary. I would never rely on just electric fans again.

BTW, they are fine and dandy if all you want to use the car for is 10 sec dyno pulls or 1/4's. The thought of them failing on a 20 Min track session isn't worth thinking about.

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by Supraguy

I've had my elec fans /w Fluidyne Radiator on some fairly spirited driving over the weekend in the heat. I have yet to see my temp guage move at all. Works like a champ.

The people that seem to complain about overheating seem to be stacking oil coolers behind. Could be most likely the prob or a combiation of crap fans.

Jason, if it's the stock temp gauge they are sh1te. They stay central all the time, then SUDDENLY hit the top. There seems to me no gradual rise. I have had the same problem with 3 different Toyotas now.

Originally posted by Syed Shah

Yes, which is why some people fit them because they don't need the cooling of the stock fan. Electric is fine for some, but for cooling is inferior to stock, only an issue in more extreme driving.

If Mr Blach was going to take his car to a track, then he would have stayed on stock fans. :)

I think the car says it all, 1300bhp, in HOT America. Someone should tell him his electric fans are crap and to get the stock one put back on then to cool it better!!!

Yes i read it, but he only mentioned the reliability of the ones he owned, not that they don't cool and personally are you going to argue with guys in the US who have over 1000bhp who use these? I'm not, and Syed what makes you an expert do you tune these cars? I don't know that much about engines etc but i do read the US boards alot, tons of info there.

Paul

So Terry's experience dosent say anything about the effectiveness of elec fans, just that his were not reliable and that the stock water temp guage isnt very accurate. An easy solution would be to perhaps fit a guage dial for water temp with a warning funtion.

Guest Terry S

There are twin fan sets that can move monster amounts of air( perma-cool make some). But what are you actaully gaining, 10 bhp? on cars like ours that is just so insignificant, that to remove the reliable stock fan and replace with a *potential* problem seems pointless.

Yes people make them, and yes tuners fit them, but they'd be silly to turn you away when you asked for a set wouldn't they.

Also, tell me, when you remove the stock shroud and little electric fan on a manual car say, what happens to the head pressure on the air con? Ever though to that........

BTW, the VVTi set up seem a bit better. The shroud has two small electric fans

Also, I have data logged temps in the summer with a FMIC, the electric fans would on all the time, so the bhp advantage would be zero