The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got Lucky Tonight!

Golfpro

Just been involved in a big crash on the M1 outside Belfast:faint:

It was rush hour and I was sat at 5mph on the inside lane of the sliproad. Suddenly another car went up the inside between me and the barrier at 60!!! It somehow managed to squeeze between me and the barrier (still dont know how!) and slammed into the car in front of me which in turn hit the one in front completely totalling all three cars.

Unbelievably I only got minor body work damage down the side.

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

I think the only thing that saved me was the fact that I usually sit 2/3 to the right of the lane. The car in front of me was central in the lane and it was totalled!

First of all I thought that it was joyriders trying to get away from the cops. But when the car stopped it was an old guy. The cops later found out that he was an epileptic and had probably had a seizure while driving.

Someone was obviously looking over me tonight.:amen:

Nasty. Good that your alright, big repair job. Im sure they will manage to march the colour.

Good luck with the repair.

Could have been so much worse!!!

Still dont know how it wasnt a BIG hit. There was no hard shoulder so I think he must have rode up the barrier as he slid past!:blink:

I feel for you that is such a nice modified supra

Well we will see what the insurerers say in the morning.

They are in for one hell of a fight if they even suggest a writeoff. I have put way too much time and dosh into this car to let some beancounter take the piss.:no:

I would definitely not let the car out of my sight from this point on, at the very least you can insist on who does your repairs and if they try to write it off you can insist on buying the car back for salvage either way it can stay with you until you or your bodyshop get a settlement cheque.......may your partial (still a little unlucky to be involved in the 1st place IMO :)) good luck continue :)

Well we will see what the insurerers say in the morning.

They are in for one hell of a fight if they even suggest a writeoff. I have put way too much time and dosh into this car to let some beancounter take the piss.:no:

Simon Glad your Ok! could have been a lot worse mate. Should be sorted ok via the insures. If they start messing you about, get down to the hospital..as whiplash can take a few days to set in ;)

My blood and swet and tears have been poured into that car over the years, if they fook about send em to me!!

Ps I was nearly rear ended at the blacks road slip a few weeks ago..heard the screetching and when i looked in the rear mirror noticed a lorry parked up my ass when the tyre smoke cleared :blink:

Edited by bondango (see edit history)

To be fair a lot of the body work scuffing could probably be buffed out, no joke, that doesnt that too bad, the rear quarter will proabably need a skim, but the door and front wing I reckon you will get away with ;)

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/content/ebiz/wilkinsonplus/invt/0120287/0120287_l.jpg

Gutted for you mate knowing the work that's gone into it since you bought it, at least you're ok which is the main thing :) I'd have thought assuming it's only cosmetic damage that you'd be looking a bill of maybe £800 (incl wing mirror and repair and paint of the side of the car) and should be ok insurance wise.

Must be the time of year over here, someone reversed their towbar into the middle of my ridox bumper a week or two ago.

nitemare mate

i got held up in the aftermath of the accident on a driving lesson so i turned the radio on and it said "massive accident blacksroad off slip" it cost me a driving lesson as all the pupil done waas sit in traphic however im glad to hear you and the supra was lucky as that deffo isnt a big bit of road the man came past you on lol was anyone seriously hurt?

i was past your house the other day and thought that supra is mint you had it outside facing the garage with the sun on it :) make sure they fix it and do a good job

Simon Glad your Ok! could have been a lot worse mate. Should be sorted ok via the insures. If they start messing you about, get down to the hospital..as whiplash can take a few days to set in ;)

My blood and swet and tears have been poured into that car over the years, if they fook about send em to me!!

Ps I was nearly rear ended at the blacks road slip a few weeks ago..heard the screetching and when i looked in the rear mirror noticed a lorry parked up my ass when the tyre smoke cleared :blink:

Spoke to my insurers today. They are going to look after it and then claim off the other guy. Only the excess to pay out until they get it settled.:)

They have nominated Wrights to do the repairs and they have already been in touch to arrange pickup.

Spoke to the original sprayer today and he says that there is no way they will be able to match the other panels. Apparently the sparkle flecks lie down differently between each coat so the whole car has to be done with each coat. I`ll have to see what their ideas are:boxing:

Spoke to my insurers today. They are going to look after it and then claim off the other guy. Only the excess to pay out until they get it settled.:)

They have nominated Wrights to do the repairs and they have already been in touch to arrange pickup.

Spoke to the original sprayer today and he says that there is no way they will be able to match the other panels. Apparently the sparkle flecks lie down differently between each coat so the whole car has to be done with each coat. I`ll have to see what their ideas are:boxing:

Really? As long as the colour itself is not a candy /flip type paint, you should be fine respraying a panel. I used to have a car that had a huge amount of metal flake. It's only in the laquer anyway, you won't notice a difference in how it sparkles lol.