The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just been for geo set-up

fizzle

just been to get the geo done, front was good but rear was shocking.. when they tried to adjust the bolts were seazed up so said i need to replace them.. £90 to have geo done, is that a good price? didint charge me, just said bring it back when i've had em changed..

would i need to get these bolts from toyota, or are they generally available?

cheers

• 1 month later...

looking to get this sorted this week guys, could someone confirm what i need to ask for when ordering. or better still links! I had a look but there are various bushes/bolts available and didnt want to get the wrong ones as i have no clue what the tech name for parts are!

thanks

£90 is quite steep TBH as most places in brum will do it for approx £40-60.

I just had my e46 m3 done last week on a snap on machine with before and after printouts and needed adjustments on all four corners.

I paid a total of £40 although normally they charge approx £50-60 but i get a slight dscount for being a regular.

£90 is quite steep TBH as most places in brum will do it for approx £40-60.

I just had my e46 m3 done last week on a snap on machine with before and after printouts and needed adjustments on all four corners.

I paid a total of £40 although normally they charge approx £50-60 but i get a slight dscount for being a regular.

Wouldn't imagine for £40 it would be 4 wheel laser alignment.

very useful manual :) saved that 1 for future reference or i can get hold of an actual workshop manual. What gets me though is on page SA 100 and 102 it shows the bushes as being seperate. Makes me wonder why dont sell them seperate :shrug:

I think a lot of us are getting mixed up between tracking and a full Geo, I paid £60 for what I thought was a full Geo but the more I read/hear on here it would seem to be just a good tracking check and adjust.

Others on here who have had a full Geo seem to pay a lot more, (£150 - 250) and it sounds a lot more involved.

Bob.

I think a lot of us are getting mixed up between tracking and a full Geo, I paid £60 for what I thought was a full Geo but the more I read/hear on here it would seem to be just a good tracking check and adjust.

Others on here who have had a full Geo seem to pay a lot more, (£150 - 250) and it sounds a lot more involved.

Bob.

On a full geo you get camber, castor and toe done on both front and rear of the car and if its done at Center Gravity it takes half the day and costs around £300

I had mine done in wakefield (I forget the name of the company) FULL geo as Dnk mentioned about 2 years ago I forget the company. They only charged 30 quid although I couldn't get my rears done as the OP said the rear drop arm adjusters were siezed, so they did a partial GEO as the rears needed to be done before the fronts could be aligned. Spent a half hour trying to unsieze the adjusters with a scaffold tube on a long wrench, no good. However still only charged me 30 quid even though I was there for over an hour.

Wouldn't imagine for £40 it would be 4 wheel laser alignment.

Well TBH i dont know what to call it, but i had my front and rear camber, castor and toe adjusted.

Their is another place in stoubridge that charge £40-60 as well and also use a hunter machine which show if you chasiss is out.

Granted may not be a full comprehensive geo but for a road car its perfectly fine.

Had my geo setup done couple of weeks back. cost me 150 squid and you get a nice little diagramatic print out showing that all your vitals are in the green. currently have it framed ontop of the fireplace... ;)

Car does feel allot more planted.

however dude doing the work leaves it right till the end to tell me ill need to get one of my rubber gaitors changed as its damaged, which will mean redoing the front wheel setup! ...

incre-e-bleh!! :rolleyes: