The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rattling noise help!

adam1983

got back home tonight after a long drive and when i got out of my car i noticed that there was a rattling noise coming from under the car. not too sure what it could be but wondering if anyone has any suggestions before i take it to the garage tomorrow?

could it have anything to do with the exhaust pipe? caught the underside on a speed ramp at the weekend but thought nothing of it as there was no rattling then. not sure if that is it though so any suggestions would be nice.

cheers

i had a rattling heat shield on mine. i just took it off. used to make the car sound like an old banger! just ca case of getting the garage to raise it up, heat up the bolts that hold it on and it will drop off, rattle solved! (providing it is the heat shield, sounds a bit like a woodpecker would if he had a go at a discarded baked beans can!)

rattling noise is now sorted. turns out it was a thin metal bracket next to the heat shield towards the front of the car. didnt seem like the bracket was there for much reason apart from holding up a small cable but after removing the metal bracket the cable hung in pretty much the same way.

finally the noise has gone! thanks for all the suggestions :)