The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Break it or keep it?

SUPRALOOPY

I have collected alot of stuff for my NA over the last year, but I can't see me doing it. I have seen some things going for good money lately and its got me thinking, I can't imagine ripping the car to bits and then dragging it onto the back of a scrap truck but its unfinished and worth more in bits, I could also do with some money insted of car I have no time to do sitting on the drive. I also think if I get rid of the supra I'll move onto other stuff and vanish.

What do you reckon? Break it or do it??

Dave:(

What needs doing Dave? It looked pretty much complete when I was round last. Wouldn't it be best financially to get get it complete, MOT, Tax it and sell?

Maybe get a set of stock wheels and sell your nice ones seperately, and do the same for any other nice bits (UK Brakes?), they add little to the cars value, but are worth quite some money sold on their own.

If it's a financial burden then it makes sense to get as much cash back from it as possible. That doesn't mean it needs a repaint or anything, just a tidy up.

Would it really make that much difference to you financially to break it?. Sure they are worth more in bits than they are built, but if you want back in the game one day, your efforts breaking this one will be negated. I'd just sorn it, store it somewhere secure, let the insurance run out and just do it slow time. It won't be costing you a dime while it's just sat there, and you can get stuff done on it as and when you want.

It certainly makes sense for you business wise to have a flagship supra to show your efforts. To leave the supra scene after the 100% trader renewal you just got seems madness.

Stick with it Dave. You'll appreciate it when you cruise down the high street in her watching all the rubber necking pedestrians checking it out. I know I do everytime I go out in mine.

......just in case you do decided to get as much cash as possible I could be interested in a part stripped very basic car (manual?) ie you sell all the interesting/valuable bits but leave it basically a useable but tatty car. (eg I have and so wouldn't need an exhaust/steering wheel/brakes/Wheels)