The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible to merge facelift & UK lights

jevansio

thanks for clearing that up for me guys, also do uk spec facelifts have the problem with yellowing or is it just imports have the problem

The UK glass headlights were never produced in the facellift form as the UK spec production was stopped in '96 :)

thanks for clearing that up for me guys, also do uk spec facelifts have the problem with yellowing or is it just imports have the problem

There never was never a UK spec facelift Supra and so no UK spec facelift headlights, the UK Supra was discontinued in 96.

so buying the facelifts is a good idea then, also is it just a case of cuting and splicing into the j-spec loom for them to work and then fitting the facelift lights in place of the orange blobs

The facelights are still plastic. The only way to guarantee no discolouring is to buy a set of UK headlights ;)

so buying the facelifts is a good idea then, also is it just a case of cuting and splicing into the j-spec loom for them to work and then fitting the facelift lights in place of the orange blobs

All headlights (j-spec/UK spec, pre-facelift/facelift) are interchangeable with no modifications needed (although the bulbs are different for the UK/j-spec).

The facelift headlights do not include the side light inside, so you need to fit the facelift indicators/sidelights, these are not a straight swap and need the wiring splicing in for the sidelights.

He was, I remember reading about that but it was a lot of money iirc.

Mine are facelifts and I've had them in and out of the oven a few times to refurb them etc. I've got a haze effect that's only really visible from certain angles and the light pattern is dulled when they're on. I think it's actually within the plastic rather than surface and could be caused by being heated in the oven (although they were only ever in for five or six minutes at a time at 100deg).

I'm going to have a go at the clear lenses from the group buy and if that doesn't work out (I'm not sure about how the additional black edge that this mod leaves around the lense will look) I'm going to buy new facelifts.