The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tyre suggestions for 17s?

Kirk

Right guys i need a good set of tyres for my new wheels.. 8.5" front and 10" rear..

Im struggling to find a full set of matching, would prefer to have 235/245's on the front and 265/275s rear with a profile of 40 if i can... or should i get smaller profile for the rears?? :shrug:

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

235/45 front 275/40 rear , thats what i would go with personally

well the r888s i got with them are 235/40 front and 275/40 Rear

they are the 1s little num was running and he found that setup quite good!

id probly feel more comfortable with a 245 or 255 front or maybe i should shrink the rear a bit??

but once again its trying to find tyres suitable and which are a good all rounder

315/35/17 rear

geees its only an NA :blink:

i want performance over looks so a 315 is out of the question

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

I would go 235/45 front 275/35 rear. Stock 255's will be too small for a 10'' rear. Getting a 35 profile on the rear means you will be smaller in diameter than the original tyres by 36mm but if you went with a profile of 40 you'd end up 50mm larger than the original size, so a profile of 35 will see you closer to the original size.