The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you ever wish you had never bought your supra ?

j1mb0b1

Just been thinking how much I have spent on my supra in the last few years, Its in the thousands I love the car to bits but can't help thinking if I never got it I could have spent that money to invest in something.:search:

On the other hand I dont think I could bring myself to selling her. Anbody els feel the same way or is it just me ? :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been thinking how much I have spent on my supra in the last few years, Its in the thousands I love the car to bits but can't help thinking if I never got it I could have spent that money to invest in something.:search:

On the other hand I dont think I could bring myself to selling her. Anbody els feel the same way or is it just me ? :)

Just you mate i love eating beans on toast! :blink: and if i spend any more i'll be sleeping in the car aswell!!

Would not change it for the world. :)

Edited by JohnHandy (see edit history)

yes!!!

Bought on January 27th for £2300 (not immaculate condition), clutch went that night, £500ish to replace.

11th Feb my ex lodger slung it through a metal fence. £250 to get it back from the recovery place.

£400 parts

£1600 labour

Got it on 27th January, 3 days of not driving it, 12 days driving it, in the garage from the

11th February till the 3rd August and back in and out or various bits.

in the 9 months i've had it, it's been in the garage for about 6 months; cost me over £2800 on top of the £2300 i paid.. It's had:

New wings

New headlight

New bumper

New drivers door

new washer bottle

2 new tyres

tracking done

full respray

alloys sprayed

currently being flattened and polished after the respray and a few little bits sorting.

I bought an N/A as i didn't have the money to spend on a TT and ended up nearly spending TT money. To top it off if i don't find another work contract in November it's going up for sale and i've only done 1500 miles in it.

Im gonna have to say yes, bought it 2 months later clutch went, ok i thought, i'll sort that, went to replace it and found out it needed a new fly wheel, as the grease had came out of the dual mass flywheel, so upgraded to rps. :(

6 weeks later, got the dreaded death whine to the second turbo, so took a punt and bought turbos of reputable trader [ same as i bought the car off ]

then i started getting smoke on overrun, steadily it got worse, so i was thinkin vsos. turns out it was the turbos so after a while it go so bad i had to take it off the road, started it now and again, and one day there was a thud and the engine stoped and miss fired ever since so it was left covered in my garage for over a yr. :rolleyes:

saved up to get it sorted, found out end of the plug in 5th cylinder had broke off, so full rebuild and head rebuild with uprated parts, and another 8 months at the mechanics [piss takers, but thats another story]:wtf:

6k for the build, and three weeks into running it in the alternator packs up ffs, replaced that and now two weeks ago 6 weeks after the build the bloody power stereing pump is on it's way out, more money. :soap:

Dont get me wrong i love supras just wish i hadnt bought this one, i want to go single, but all i seem to do is repair the damn thing. so 3 yrs ownership 14 months on the rd and 9.5k in repair bills to date. i wish i had of set fire to it:hang:

Im gonna have to say yes, bought it 2 months later clutch went, ok i thought, i'll sort that, went to replace it and found out it needed a new fly wheel, as the grease had came out of the dual mass flywheel, so upgraded to rps. :(

6 weeks later, got the dreaded death whine to the second turbo, so took a punt and bought turbos of reputable trader [ same as i bought the car off ]

then i started getting smoke on overrun, steadily it got worse, so i was thinkin vsos. turns out it was the turbos so after a while it go so bad i had to take it off the road, started it now and again, and one day there was a thud and the engine stoped and miss fired ever since so it was left covered in my garage for over a yr. :rolleyes:

saved up to get it sorted, found out end of the plug in 5th cylinder had broke off, so full rebuild and head rebuild with uprated parts, and another 8 months at the mechanics [piss takers, but thats another story]:wtf:

6k for the build, and three weeks into running it in the alternator packs up ffs, replaced that and now two weeks ago 6 weeks after the build the bloody power stereing pump is on it's way out, more money. :soap:

Dont get me wrong i love supras just wish i hadnt bought this one, i want to go single, but all i seem to do is repair the damn thing. so 3 yrs ownership 14 months on the rd and 9.5k in repair bills to date. i wish i had of set fire to it:hang:

That's just about the worst luck I've ever heard with a Supra.

I bought an N/A as i didn't have the money to spend on a TT and ended up nearly spending TT money. To top it off if i don't find another work contract in November it's going up for sale and i've only done 1500 miles in it.

Have I seen you driving about? What colour is the car now?