The mkiv Supra Owners Club

approximate bhp on Non turbo supra

Guest George89

Guest George89

Hi i know most of you have TT supras but i am wondering if you would know roughly how much bhp would the NA 1995 supra 60K miles produce with the following modifications

Apexi Induction kit

Upgraded radiator

Upgraded camshafts (Brian Crower)

Decat 1st

Decat 2nd

Upgraded manifolds

HKS Hi power Silenced exhaust system

Greddy E-manage Ultimate - Ideal for optimizing and fine-tuning performance products or other programmable ECU

Remap

Edited by George89 (see edit history)

surley you would get more than 20bhp with uprated cams and a map alone...?

I'd doubt it. Its really not worth the expense tuning the NA, you may as well just fit a TT engine for the money.

There is one guy on here hoping for 300BHP out of his NA but it will require a hell of a lot of expense to get there. I hope he does, as it'll be something different, but we've had a long line of people claiming they are going to get big power out of the NA... which then never materialises when they realise just how much money and agro it would cost to get there.

I'd doubt it. Its really not worth the expense tuning the NA, you may as well just fit a TT engine for the money.

There is one guy on here hoping for 300BHP out of his NA but it will require a hell of a lot of expense to get there. I hope he does, as it'll be something different, but we've had a long line of people claiming they are going to get big power out of the NA... which then never materialises when they realise just how much money and agro it would cost to get there.

Along the way they will turn into screaming BHP honeys though (The cars) with no midrange or torque.

Might as well call it a honda supra :D

Hi i know most of you have TT supras but i am wondering if you would know roughly how much bhp would the NA 1995 supra 60K miles produce with the following modifications

Apexi Induction kit

Upgraded radiator

Upgraded camshafts (Brian Crower)

Decat 1st

Decat 2nd

Upgraded manifolds

HKS Hi power Silenced exhaust system

Greddy E-manage Ultimate - Ideal for optimizing and fine-tuning performance products or other programmable ECU

Remap

I would say at the very most another 20-25 BHP if you don't make the mistake of going for an exhaust system that is too large a diameter.

I suspect the Hi power will be too large.