The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on what to do.

nevins

At present I own a N/a and while looking at it i am in two minds to sell it and get another supra to replace it. Ideally I want to replace all the bushes on the car, full service, flash over for the paint work due to previous owner parking it under a tree all the time and the lacquer is starting to lift in one place. Now I have a dilemma, I am coming into some money soon and do not know whether to do a full over haul on the car or just find a new supra and swap over my alloys full ss exhaust manifold back. Problem i have is i am moving in to a new home 1st of November and really don't want to have to spend loads on this supra, as i have spent a fortune on it so far as i bought it as a neglected car and got her to where she is today but things keep popping up all the time and it just seems to be endless.

So the question is do i cut the cord on this car and get another and swap over the parts and break the rest, or perceiver on with this supra which is slowly getting me down to the point where I am not feeling the way I used to with it.

looks like its going that way, i was planning on having a TT conversion on this car

Keep us posted if you do :)

I will also have to weigh up the pros and cons of keeping my NA and buying a TT block vs selling the NA and buying a TT. The former seems like the cheapest option.

just been looking at prices of n/as and they aint too good. Whats a reasonable price to pay for a TT, as if I could get £2000 for my supra that will give me £7000 to play with

For 7 grand I think you will be looking at a 94-95 TT Auto. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I've been monitoring TT prices as well. If you want a cheap TT go can go for Aristos ;) You get mint ones for around 5-6k.

I'd wouldnt do either and buy something that wont have you dipping into your wallet every time you look at it :D

If your going to keep the n/a and change all the bushes on the car then check how good the ball joints are 1st, changing the whole arms so you get new ball joints isnt cheap, around £2k by the time youve finished.

Keep some of your budget for unseen future costs as they will happen

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

in a perfect world a TT would be the best option but with the move and everything, n/a seems to be the best choice at this time. One thing it has to be though is a manual, the main thing thats getting me down at the moment is the paint work on mine and the clunking thats either coming from the top mounts or bushes. I have been pricing up parts and at the moment found a full powerflex bush kit for £310. Is this a reasonable price.

Iv had it in a few places and when ever they put it on the ramps they say they cant find anything wrong, But they are only using a 2 post lift so they aint exactly doing it right as they are unable to check they car when they components are under load. I have a feeling its the top mounts. Paint is not a priority but it is playing a factor in how I'm feeling towards the car when seeing it sat there.

To be honest im missing the power of a turbo engine and im itching to swap out the engine. the main thing is the annoying knocking that is there, im sure once this is sorted i'll feel different about her again. Do any other of you guys get your moments, when you feel this way about your supras