The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Emanage problem - any one know whats happened to kylestt from velocity performance?

L33

ive emailed him twice about my greddy emanage ultimate i bought from him and is possibily faulty.

having tests done friday to confirm the problems with it but ive emailed him monday and tuesday asking about the replacing procedure but yet to have a reply.

problems ive had so far, i had 800cc injectors fitted and when ryan g tried to get the car started he couldnt turn the duty cycle down enough to let the car idle so i downsized to 650cc injectors...

now the car idles and runs ok BUT when the car reaches its normal temp, if you turn the motor off it will not start up again?!

Ryan is now making a plug and play solaris unit just to try on my car to see if every thing is ok to just confirm it is a EMU problem. so if i cant get hold of kylestt i dont really know what to do?! once that is sorted my car is pretty much finished MOT depending

returns for a greddy emanage ecu ... you are going to be very lucky. i have been trying to get my exchange for the past 8 months , they have finally come back with the statement "OUT OF WARRANTY". Try sending it back to greddy and see what they have to say.

I have made sure i will never buy another greddy product again because of this incident .

i wish you luck...

I so hope your wrong :( i cant be doin with any more problems! Did you go to them direct or who you bought it from? Ive had so many problems im half tempted to just buy another and save the longer delay waiting for a warrenty claim. What was wrong with yours? Sorry its a big block of writing im replying on my phone

The ignition module is faulty ... if you do a search on the US forums there has been many issues with this, but greddy does not acknowledge it, they blame it on the the install. Ryan's Ecu is the right route, else another piggyback like the MAP2 ECU. I hope that i am wrong, but from my experiance with ecu issues its a hopeless battle on warranty claims especially abroad.

Rob ('The punisher' on here) had a similar issue on his 2nd hand EMU bought from a member on here, ignition chip/system was buggered. One of Ryan's contacts who's an electronics wiz tried to fix it but couldn't. The EMU has since been binned. He went for a PowerFC in the end, it's worked a dream since.

BTW, I believe Ryan's contact has fixed at least one EMU with this issue, but didn't manage to fix some others. He's based in the same base as SRR and only charges a few tens of pounds to replace the chip.

Dont say that i had a map 2 and was advised to sell it to get the emu ffs! Surely product being fit for use or the long distance selling regulation comes into force? I used the same to get money back on a naff engine i bought off the net! I wish i just went manual now so i didnt have the problem of getting a torque converter, didnt have to downsize injectors, and just had a stand alone ecu. Really starting to wish i didnt go single now! 20k down and still no car!!

It could well be something else causing this and most likely is. As Ryan is planning, the best route is to plug in a Solaris (or other high end standalone ecu) that can see what all the sensors are reading and go from there.

I feel your frustration though :(

It could well be something else causing this and most likely is. As Ryan is planning, the best route is to plug in a Solaris (or other high end standalone ecu) that can see what all the sensors are reading and go from there.

I feel your frustration though :(

no your wrong you best route is to bin that fu**ing shi*t emanage crap

This is what annoys me, i bought the emu on recommendation as its was ment to be top of its class in piggy back now this? Mayb things have changed since i bought it back in feb. Has only just been fitted tho so its not as if it ever worked tho. The car better put a smile on my face when its back after all this. If not its straight on the for sale boards. Been close do doin it a few times now! Just had enough!

The crux is the auto box Lee. There are few, if any, standalone ECU's which have been proven capable of managing it. As a result, the only recommendation you'll get from most people is the EMU as it can use the stock auto control. I don't beleive the recommendation would change even now (unless some bright spark can come up with a new idea)

Rock and a hard place?

Edit - don't go writing off the EMU just yet, wait for the results from Ryan before you go further or get more stressed :)

I have run Emanage blue and EMU on several different cars now, and only had a problem with one of the early EMUs (ignition chip) which was replaced under warranty.

Re the injector problem, i suppose you have the injector adaptor, and have experimented with the lag settings? (EMU is not great at this)

yes i do have the injector adaptor installed. now ive downsized injectors thats all fine now

thanks for the offer with trying my ecu in your car i will bear that in mind. just going to see how tomo goes when the solaris is plugged in. if every thing is fine then it def is the EMU :(

just be glad when its sorted

now starting to wonder if with a new EMU that works if the injectors could go back to bigger ones lol!

i was hoping for 600bhp ( i have a BL autobox before some one says :) ) just hoping the 650 injectors will be big enough! i know behave hit 610 with the same ones but thats almost maxing them out! once i see 600 on the rollers i will turn boost down any how :)

just had this email from the garage

Hello Lee.

So Ryan and myself spent another day on your car.

We can confirm the Emanage is not controlling the injectors ajdustment and ignition ajdustment.

We did manage to find out that your standard o2 doesnt work too.

so can this be fixed or am i stuffed guys :(

unfortunatly not and now going to be 500 down :(

i went on the velocity performance website and used the contact us section to email the company direct and i got a email saying delivery notification - failed. so there company web addy no long works either.

think its time they were removed from the registered traders!