The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To flush or not to flush????

Marco79

Looks much better in my opinion but i think their a legal requirement, could it be an mot fail if you dont have them ?

My cars not got them and ive never had any problems to date and its been like it for a number of years but then i do have side markers fitted which came with the widebody kit.

If they come off the wings then they must be fitted to the front end on the sides like the facelift and is a legal requirement however it will depend on the strictness of your test station as to whether you could get away without any side repeaters. Personally I would not risk it as even if you get away with it for the MOT it could potentially be picked up on a post accident inspection with all sorts of consequences.

They do look better on the front end rather than the wings though so that would be a good solution and keep the clean lines you are looking for.

It's a legal requirment to have side repeaters. You will need some form of repeaters to pass MOT.

Don't they do Ganador mirrors that have indicators in?

I dont have them and my car hasnt failed a mot yet, i guess its like a number of things and possibly depends on how well you know your tester ;)

Yes, that does look good, but it's got the attraction of the added vent, so without, would it look so good I wonder?

Yes, that's certainly the defining factor of the wing, but I couldn't find one without the vent so that had to do! :D

Still looks very nice without the TRD vent, but if you're going to do it, that combindation of TRD vent, no repeaters and blended to the skirts is just stunning.

Ive just googled this and it sounds like if your front indicators can be seen from the side then your car will pass the mot, not sure from what angle though.

Mine can be clearly seen from 90 degrees view of the side of my car so perhaps im okay anyway.

I'll pop in and ask my mot chap today and get his opinion on it