The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some help with eBay HID kit

jonathanc

Hi all,

I bought a slim ballast HID kit from eBay but it can't light up :( There's only 1 way of connecting things and I am sure it's correct. Emailed the company but still no reply...

I'm wondering if anyone else tried this kit before? Any help/advice welcomed. Thanks.

Here's the pic :

Of all the 4 different kits I've used on Supras I had to plug them in the "wrong" way round. (None had the slim ballasts, but the principle is probably the same).

I'd try the connection where the red wire meets the black/red bit first. Failing that, the next area I'd try would be where the kit plugs into the factory loom. Sometimes a bit of "persuasion" is required.. ;)

Of all the 4 different kits I've used on Supras I had to plug them in the "wrong" way round. (None had the slim ballasts, but the principle is probably the same).

I'd try the connection where the red wire meets the black/red bit first. Failing that, the next area I'd try would be where the kit plugs into the factory loom. Sometimes a bit of "persuasion" is required.. ;)

This is the exact problem I had. Bit of pushing and wiggling and they worked.:)

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both ballasts on both headlights but it doesn't seem to work.

I will try to plug the thing the wrong way round and see if that will work. By that you guys meant turning the red connector from the ballast with the black one from the bulb?

Hi all,

I bought a slim ballast HID kit from eBay but it can't light up :( There's only 1 way of connecting things and I am sure it's correct. Emailed the company but still no reply...

I'm wondering if anyone else tried this kit before? Any help/advice welcomed. Thanks.

Here's the pic :

http://i33.tinypic.com/302rtvp.jpg

I have the same kit and also had to reverse the polarity where it meets the vehicle wiring.