The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wizard of nos

Guest lynsey444

Guest lynsey444

Hi new to group has anyone fitted one of these kits to a TT if so any one got any pics of installing I.E were do you tap the jets into the induction pipe,were to cut in the petrol,help im just a little girlie.

thanks

helen

There is somebody on here that runs nitrous. You will have to try and get hold of Mark kindell. He may be able to tell you.

The rest of us are too scared:(

Hello and welcome by the way. See that your in Southampton, you will have to come to the next local meet.:)

Nos on standard turbos is a very good idea. All i get is an extra 1p.s.i of boost more than standard. If installed corrctly nitrous is one of the safest ways to increase engine power, especailly on turbo'd cars. They love a little bit of the old laughing gas.

Just 75hp at the moment. So in actual fact the engine is under less strain for that short time thats its being used than other cars running bpu constantly. (That sentance doesn't make sense to me, but I hope you get the idea what I'm trying to say.)

Just tell me how you are helping, rather than one or two questions at a time. My nitrous system was fitted by a company who do nothing except nos and turbos, therefore I think they know what they are talking about. With due respects you probably do know your stuff, but I will go with advice from the professionals thanks.

Yeah professionals, people will sell anything to make their money.

Why it is a bad idea is for stock turbos only. They overboost heavily when used with nitrous, yours probably are not due to the precat still in place. But instead this leads to unsafe EGTs. Add to this the fact your not using a high enough octane fuel, and you have a recipe for disaster.

It is clear you don't want to listen to me, so go to http://www.supraforums.com and read about it yourself. Actual experiances from people who have blown engines with N20 on stock turbos. I leave this upto you.

Syed why do you say the optimax wont cut it with N2O ????, i didnt think octane was an issue when injecting the gas just the extra amount of fuel needed to keep things safe , more to the point is the fact that when using N2O its a VERY good idea to pull a few degrees of timing and unless you use an AEM or similar you cant do this , the AEM will also take care of any extra fuel needed if you want it to as opposed to running a wet system , i will run mine on the gas but only when i go AEM (i may run a 75 shot if it bogs off the line though !!!

Dude:flame Dev