The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cure For Crusty Windscreen Rubbers.

Tricky-Ricky

Noticed that my windscreen and rear window trim/rubbers where looking a bit crusty, well sort of crystallised deposits that looked rather manky.

so i set about trying to rectify it, tried all the proprietary stuff with very little change, so decided to get brutal with it, so i tried a piece of fine scotch pad on the deposits and it seemed to take it of to a degree, after that i thought i would try some G3 rubbing compound with seemed to work even better, and removed the top surface revealing smooth black rubber.

Now i can only surmise that its either deposits of various waxes/cleaners, or it actually surface corrosion of the rubber, anyway the end result is back to normal/new looking window rubbers, so i thought it would be useful for others suffering from this:)

Be prepared for sore fingers though;)