The mkiv Supra Owners Club

car problem

sw4mpthing

Could be any mate theres 6 of them as you probably know it could be any one of them.

It could be a coil pack it happened to me the car would drive fine until i planted the foot and then it would start stuttering. Tell me when you feather the power in gently does it still do it?

yes it does, and it cut out when I came up to a junction.

I know nothing, what are the coils?

First of all is it a tt or n/a you have?

Your coils sit on top of your plugs mate some cars have leads to the distributer supras have coil packs there like plastic blocks there under your cam cover on the top of your engine if its a tt.

When mine had a duff coil it never cut out on me as jon said check your ecu connections mate.

Checked your garage n/a whens the last time your car was serviced it might just need new plugs mate fuel filter something simple like that.

Edited by tony tt (see edit history)

Remove the distributor cap first and clean the inside of the cap make sure its nice and dry in there with no oil residue, as that can cause problems in damp conditions. also if replacing the spark plugs give the plug leads a twist before you pull them off the plugs or you can end up damaging the leads if they are on tight.