The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap 4.7 TT

JamieP

For sale on supraforum, brand new and looks a bargain to me at $8000 (£4890.98) would make a nice NA-TT

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561855

What is your First & Last name? Chris Peterson

What is your email? [email protected]

What is your phone number? -Optional: 703-863-6955 (please PM or email first, I will not answer calls from numbers I do not recognize)

What is your City? : Chantilly

What is your State? : VA

What is your Zipcode? : 20152

-----------------------------------------------------

Ad Description:

------------------------------------------------------

4.7L 2UZ V8 Motor w/ Twin Turbo Kit

I have a 4.7L 2UZ V8 motor with a twin turbo kit that I will not be using in my car and hence am putting up for sale. The motor was speced by TTC and built by Chris Fenoff, it is complete except for fuel injectors, but I do have a set of 8 Bosch 1000cc saturated ones I can include if the deal makes sense. The motor has been installed in my MKIV, but has never been started. Here are the specs on the motor:

4.7L 2UZ V8

8.5:1 Ross Pistons/ total seal rings

Pauter V8 4340 custom rods w/ ARP 2000 rod bolts

TTC Performance Products Camshafts, 214/214.

TTC Performance Products Valve Springs, standard

ARP Head/Main Studs

TTC Performance Products twin plenum intake manifold

TTC Performance Products V160 adapter

TTC Performance Products V8 fuel rails

Quarter Master twin plate clutch kit

Steel main cap bracing (ties all main caps together)

Cometic MLS Head Gaskets

Complete, clean core

Calico bearings

mild head porting

Steel V8 /MKIV motor mounts / Lexus Isolators

Fully assembled engine ready to go w/ AC compressor, PS pump, and 180 amp alternator

Built by Chris Fenoff in Central FL

Twin Turbo Kit

.125" thick stainless manifolds, midpipes, Y pipe, and downpipe.

Flexible stainless exhaust Downpipe section to mate to Supra catback exhaust

Twin S256 Borg Warner turbos

Twin filters

Twin Tial wastegates

All clamps, couplers, and hardware

All fittings

Here are a few pictures of the motor in the car:

http://fuindustries.com/MKIV/Pictures/My_MKIV/Real_Street_Performance/060309/MKIV-V8_Motor-060309-001.jpg

http://fuindustries.com/MKIV/Pictures/My_MKIV/Real_Street_Performance/060309/MKIV-V8_Motor-060309-002.jpg

http://fuindustries.com/MKIV/Pictures/My_MKIV/Real_Street_Performance/060309/MKIV-V8_Motor-060309-003.jpg

http://fuindustries.com/MKIV/Pictures/My_MKIV/Real_Street_Performance/060309/MKIV-V8_Motor-060309-004.jpg

I will lay out some general info on the motor and the swap into an MKIV Supra here:

Additional Items Needed
: An ECU capable of mating the Supra to the 2UZ such as a Pro-EFI, Link G3, or a MoTec M600/800 (I have a MoTec M800 I planned to use with this), a custom engine harness to connect the ECU to the car and the motor, a custom intercooler or at the minimum custom intercooler piping to combine the charges from the 2 turbos and direct them to the single throttlebody, a custom radiator fan shroud setup as there is no room for a motor fan, a relocated battery, relocated power steering reservoir, and some other odds and ends wiring & hose wise.

Power Potential
: I believe the builder said the motor was good to at least 800 HP, but I honestly don't recall a firm figure being put out there. There isn't a fully tuned high-powered example of this 2UZ-TT in an MKIV running around yet (to my knowledge), so any numbers I were to put out there would be speculation on my part.

Turbo Kit
: The clearance up front with this motor and turbo kit is minimal; depending on your car' setup, some piping may need to be re-configured. The kit was originally put together around my car, but that doesn't mean it will fit exactly in your car, and things are going to be tight no matter what MKIV it goes into. There are a lot of items that get very hot in close proximity to each other with this swap, so take that for what it's worth, but the shop where the motor is at has suggested the kit may need to be re-worked to address heat issues in any MKIV.

The motor is out of the car, but the turbo kit is not on the motor, so this will not be a ship-the-next-day type of sale, I want that to be clear upfront. Also, the motor is in Longwood FL, just outside of Orlando (I am in VA) and some coordination with the shop where it is located will be required, this may also cause some delays due to the need to go through a 3rd party. Patience is forewarned.

I will answer general questions in this thread, but more specific detailed responses will be handled by PM and answered depending on the seriousness of the inquiry. This motor swap is complicated, will require many other parts to be purchased and/or fabricated, and there are major obstacles (heat management being the primary one) to overcome in getting the swap to work in my opinion, so I would prefer to handle inquiries this way. My trader feedback speaks for itself, but I am relying on information from the motor builder and the shop that has been working on it as I have only personally seen the motor once, so I cannot vouch for every detail on the motor build. That being said, I will do my best to answer questions to the extent of my knowledge and/or ascertain the correct information from the builder/shop and relay it to prospective purchasers. And with that...

Price: $8,000 shipping not included.

If anyone has questions on the motor or the swap, feel free to PM me or to email me at [email protected]. Thanks for looking!

Chris

UPDATES/RESPONSES:

To avoid running afoul of the FS section bump rules, I will respond to relevant inquiries here until I can post a reply below.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thats cool!! Is everything in the states that cheap? I know theres still a bit to spend on the car and to get it running i dont know what the shipping costs would be but im sure it would be worth it!! The sound off it must be something else :cool:

Wonder why you would go to all the trouble of building and installing something like that and not start it

It looks far from being ready to start as none of those hardpipes for cooling or intake are welded. (Unless there are more recent pics on SF)

Edin, these are rebuilt engines, there is a lot of info out there about them on here and SF.

I'm looking at these pics on my phone so it's hard to see, but I can't see enough space for cooling fans on the rad etc?? Is there space?

Edin, these are rebuilt engines, there is a lot of info out there about them on here and SF.

I'm looking at these pics on my phone so it's hard to see, but I can't see enough space for cooling fans on the rad etc?? Is there space?

It dont look like pull type fans would fit, maybe push type?

it must be possible to get going as cowboypeep has done so, he does seem very touchy if anyone mention overheating though.:search:

If you do honest maths you'll see it will cost a huge amount in cash and time to finish. Quite why someone doesn't forget all this trickery and put an ally big block N/A Chevy in one, on injection, I don't know. The heat issues form those twin turbos, water and intercooling on an engine capable of maybe 700 BHP alone are a daunting task to address, even if you want it just as a daft road car. Addressing them sufficiently to go on track with it may be all but impossible without major redesigning of the front end. A stock TT will do twenty consecutivbe laps of Donington as hard as you can drive one, with no overheating issues, apart from maybe the brakes. Let's see one of these spec cars manage even half that ;)

Guest BANDIT1

As Chris says for the hassle i would put the latest spec big block light weight chevy engine in less hassle and awsome reliable horsepower , not saying these engines arnt lol!

Someone emailed me this link and since that is my for sale thread on SupraForums, I'll answer a few questions here for clarity's sake.

JamieP, Swampy442, smarty, edge, et alia: My for sale price is rather cheap as I have no use for this motor and would like to see it gone. At $8000 USD, that represents more than a 60% discount off what I paid for it...supply and no demand, etc.

tooquicktostop: The costs to complete this motor setup would be significant (i.e. $10,000+ USD, not including the $6000 USD I already spent on an ECU to connect the motor and car); I stopped the build at the point seen in the pictures after I determined the costs more than outweighed the potential benefits IMO and I didn't think the end result would fulfill my goals of having a relatively high HP/TQ (500-600 RWHP on 93 AKI pump gas) streetable MKIV.

dandan: You are correct. In the pictures I posted none of the intake piping was completed, nor has it been as everything would be a custom fabrication job for whomever were to buy the motor from me depending on the intercooler/radiator/fan setup they chose to use.

Alex: Yes, this is a rebuilt motor, not a new 2UZ block then built to upgraded specs. As to the space for cooling fans, that was one of the issues that prompted my decision to forgo continuing the build. As JamieP said above, the other example of this 2UZ-TT in an MKIV chassis has pusher fans between the radiator and the intercooler.

JamieP: Yes.

Chris Wilson, BANDIT1: Agreed.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would update this thread as information has progressed on the US Supraforums regarding this swap. Here is my statement:

Due to information at the end of
this thread on the motor swap
, the price has been reduced to reflect only the turbo kit; the motor is deemed to be worthless and a throwaway add-on.

In other words, the 2UZ motor can be had for free with the purchase of the twin turbo S256 kit. This motor is, as said above, worthless. Expect nothing out of it, you would only be purchasing a turbo kit, nothing more. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me, thanks.

Chris Wilson: Your comments are appreciated, thanks. I attempted to follow the path you laid out, i.e, I sent my car 1000+ miles away to go to the shop that had the only other 2UZ swapped MKIV Supra in existence in it's garage. Unfortunately, that did not work out the way I had hoped. I trusted that the original car would run properly to the originally stated 800-900 HP level and having my car at the same shop as it would make the swap run smoothly. This was not the case. As you can see, I am valuing the motor as worthless. You can extrapolate answers from there.

Chingy: Just so long as the boat is a Supra ;)

I hope that helps.

Chris

I thought I would update this thread as information has progressed on the US Supraforums regarding this swap. Here is my statement:

Due to information at the end of
this thread on the motor swap
, the price has been reduced to reflect only the turbo kit; the motor is deemed to be worthless and a throwaway add-on.

In other words, the 2UZ motor can be had for free with the purchase of the twin turbo S256 kit. This motor is, as said above, worthless. Expect nothing out of it, you would only be purchasing a turbo kit, nothing more. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me, thanks.

Chris Wilson: Your comments are appreciated, thanks. I attempted to follow the path you laid out, i.e, I sent my car 1000+ miles away to go to the shop that had the only other 2UZ swapped MKIV Supra in existence in it's garage. Unfortunately, that did not work out the way I had hoped. I trusted that the original car would run properly to the originally stated 800-900 HP level and having my car at the same shop as it would make the swap run smoothly. This was not the case. As you can see, I am valuing the motor as worthless. You can extrapolate answers from there.

Chingy: Just so long as the boat is a Supra ;)

I hope that helps.

Chris

Lot of pages to read through there, something about they milled out the quench pad? ill have a proper read later.

One of our members bought a NA engine from cowboy bepop, i hope this does not mean his engine is also junk, he is putting a lot of money and effort into fitting that.:(

Chris' engine is a killer and given that I would have the cash, I would buy it back myself. The problem is that the present owner of the motor never pursued the project and listened to people who didn't want to continue with the project in the first place. I know first hand that this motor was simply dropped in to the engine bay by the shop who has the car, trans attached, left for 6 months, then pulled back out. So basically it's a brand new motor. The new owner is getting a killer motor here.

Chris' engine is a killer and given that I would have the cash, I would buy it back myself. The problem is that the present owner of the motor never pursued the project and listened to people who didn't want to continue with the project in the first place. I know first hand that this motor was simply dropped in to the engine bay by the shop who has the car, trans attached, left for 6 months, then pulled back out. So basically it's a brand new motor. The new owner is getting a killer motor here.

Why is he under the impression the engine he has bought is junk?

I don't want to get into an arguement over the internet, I don't see any point in that. The motor is brand new, and has never been turned over. I have no hard feelings toward the engines owner, really no feelings either way, but the hard fact is that the owner has never seen the engine first hand. The engine is down in Florida and he is in Virginia 1000 miles away. I see this motor first hand between one and two times a week since I dropped it off at the shop to be installed into his car. The owner chose to pursue another path and that's cool. But in fact he has no base to pass judgement either good or bad on a motor he has never seen. If anyone this particular engine build pics, please PM me. I've got a lot of them.

Eric