The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alton Towers 10th July - All Welcome

Lewis

EDIT:

To find out more please visit the site at http://www.alton-towers.stealthhosts.com and subscribe to the mailing list.

----------------------------------------

This is now the finalised date, the original was made without me knowing that there were other events on. To my knowledge the only other thing going on is a drift day miles away so hopefully I have avoided impacting anyone else considerably.

The park:

http://www.alton-towers.co.uk/

Directions:

http://www.alton-towers.co.uk/printmap/road_map.jpg

Details:

Parking: We will have full use of the V.I.P carpark, with 24hr CCTV and security guards there for the full day. This is the closet car park to the entrances themselves and I have arranged for this to be included in the total price (so long as the correct amount of people confirm)

Times: We will be allowed entrance to the car park from around 8am, I shall be there at this ime to make sure all the arrangements have been made and tidy up any loose ends, officially the park does not open until 9:30am but I have been assured that our "party" will be allowed early entry (although I don't know how early yet).

Events/Entertainment/Food: I am organising a large barbecue and a shed-load of burgers, sausages etc etc - I haven't asked permission for this yet, but if they turn it down it will be there anyway :)

I shall be speaking to a couple of magazines etc to gauge any interest, with the cars I already have lined up I dont think this will be a problem

Prices: This will be dependant on the number of people who pre-book via me, I am trying to arrange for everybody to be able to ring up seperately as part of the group booking (via a reference number or something), basically for 30+ people we are looking at £15pp but if we get considerably more than that then we will be able to issue refunds to those who have paid more.

On the day:

I will endevour to collect all the tickets from the desk when I arrive and hand them out to those who have pre-booked. I will TRY to order some for any that just turn up on the day but no promises on that front so don't turn up expecting cheap tickets (standard price is circa 30 quid).

We will basically have free reign over the park and car park all day.

For most schools this is the week (or 2 weeks) before the summer holidays, so whilst it should be fairly busy it should not be packed as most parents wait till the summer holidays to keep the kids busy.

Please post your interest here, this is NOT confirmation from you, I will be asking for that much nearer the time, this is simply stating that you may be interested in going. It is "fairly" central in the country and most people should be able to get there in a couple of hours so the more the merrier.

I have another 5 cars who I have confirmed with but they have asked me to stay quiet for now

Anyone who is a member on other boards please help by making a post and asking them to log their interest here (all jap, euro, US sports & performance cars) This is open to ANYONE but I may not be able to assure VIP parking for the 1989 nova 1.1 etc.

See you there :D

1. Stealthhosts

2. Supragal (pre-emptive post)

3. Branners (barring any school kids)

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

5. TVR Tuscan (if it doesnt break down on the way)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Stealthhosts

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

Im interested....my birthday present to myself :) :) :)

1. Stealthhosts

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

7. Ashley Willis (Pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

1. Stealthhosts

2. Supragal + Stox maybe more... (need to check date)

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

Guest Rays the roof

1. Stealthhosts

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

9. Ray

1. Stealthhosts

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

9. Ray

10. HISUPE (Pencilled)

I am also opening this up to the company I work for (2000+/- employees) but will be doing this nearer the time so there could be a fair few more than I anticipated :)

Originally posted by stealthhosts

I am also opening this up to the company I work for (2000+/- employees) but will be doing this nearer the time so there could be a fair few more than I anticipated :)

Sounds good- I reckon some of my mates will be well up for its, shame they don't all drive silly cars!

Are you local to the area? Can you recommend a B&B or something?

I am not local but I will speak to the people at work that we book our hotels through and see what local B&B's come recommended.

you could always stay in a themed room :D

I have another 4 to add to the list now as well, if all those pencilled eventually confirm and I can get some posts on other forums it should be a very good day out.

Maybe branners can organise something on behalf of the forum??

Looking good so far

Originally posted by Branners

how big do you want this to be, I can certainly go through the myriad of forums I frequent and let people know its happening but you could end up with 200 to 300 cars if it gets popular...

JB

Branners & Mawby that would be great, they have the facility to cope with thousands.

I dont by any stretch imagine it would be that big but a hundred or two booked with another hundred who just turn up would be amazing, I would imagine a fair few magazines etc would be interested so the traders may show their faces - bit of free advertising and all that??

I wonder how cheap tickets would be with 12,000? lol (kidding)

I would be well chuffed with a hundred or two, any more than that and it may be logistically difficult.

The more places it's posted the better.... I may require a second point of contact, branners if you would not mind helping out a bit if I struggle that would be appreciated (purely because you are the most well known "figure of authority" lol)

I would imagine we would need a few to stay over in the themed rooms to get a discount but I can certainly find out, I may be staying over anyway as I'll be taking the missus and she may whine if she is there from 8 till 8.

Will let you know

Originally posted by mcanny

Don't suppose you could tell them about my meet on the 16th of May at Elvington while you are there? :D

Cheeky git.... come over here, make a post to say you are not going to pencil yourself in yet, then nick my free advertising!!!

So long as I am there michael it will be more than enough :)

Where is it now? I will try and make it if I can

stealthhosts, you might want to knock up a simple web page giving all the details so people who are not members of this forum can find out the latest, otherwise everytime something changes you end up posting about it on a dozen different forums which is very annoying after a while. We did it for the Southampton Meet and had hundreds of people turning up. :)

Bah :)

1. Stealthhosts

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

9. Ray

10. HISUPE (Pencilled)

11. mcanny (Charcoal me in)

Originally posted by mawby

stealthhosts, you might want to knock up a simple web page giving all the details so people who are not members of this forum can find out the latest, otherwise everytime something changes you end up posting about it on a dozen different forums which is very annoying after a while. We did it for the Southampton Meet and had hundreds of people turning up. :)

Being done as we speak mate - if people can hold off posting on other forums for an hour - I will be releasing an online mailing list so that anyone not on this forum can be kept informed (and those on here can get extra info).

I will also be releasing the mailing list to the members at some point to allow you to do mailing lists for your own meets if you wish.

Ta

Hosts- staying in the actual hotel would be AWESOME, I'm well up for that as long as it's not a ricoculous amount of money.

Brannersis pretty busy right now, hense why he's hooked up a panel of mods etc so you could ask one of us if he doesn't have the time? :innocent:

Alright posting whores.......

Any and all forums you can post this in would be much appreciated:

Info Page (more added as soon as I can make the time):

http://www.alton-towers.stealthhosts.com

To subscribe to the mailing list (recommended) go to:

http://alton-towers.stealthhosts.com/mailman/listinfo/alton-towers_alton-towers.stealthhosts.com

Thanks guys/gals

Originally posted by Supragal

Hosts- staying in the actual hotel would be AWESOME, I'm well up for that as long as it's not a ricoculous amount of money.

Brannersis pretty busy right now, hense why he's hooked up a panel of mods etc so you could ask one of us if he doesn't have the time? :innocent:

I didn't have time to ring them tonight to make further arrangements but I will call tomorrow to find out about discounts for staying over, depending on numbers it may work out cheaper to book a corporate stay with overnight included.

I am happy to include mod's it all depends if I struggle (which if it gets very big I may do).

Most of the help will be required on the day I would imagine.......

Will keep you all posted as and when.