The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Two HID kit

jonathanc

The info is there if you look for it, I have read most of it on here in the last couple of days.;)

Your answer is yes you can put a kit in for every light if you want, but most choose just to put HID in low(dipped) beam and 100w bulbs in main and fogs.

Reason for the main I believe is the time it takes to come on would be useless for flashing. And for the fogs I think its just a lot of money for something you don't have on all that often. The 100w bulbs can be matched in colour to your HIDs (or somewhere close.)

But, if you have the cash and its something you want to do, then yes you can.

Hope that helps.:)

Yeah a few guys have actually got 3 sets in so that they have the full beam done too.

I would recommend some LED sidelights though. They will stand out a mile.

Yeah, as Scott says you wanna change to LED sidelights also, or their yellowness will look rubbish.

The info is there if you look for it, I have read most of it on here in the last couple of days.;)

Your answer is yes you can put a kit in for every light if you want, but most choose just to put HID in low(dipped) beam and 100w bulbs in main and fogs.

Reason for the main I believe is the time it takes to come on would be useless for flashing. And for the fogs I think its just a lot of money for something you don't have on all that often. The 100w bulbs can be matched in colour to your HIDs (or somewhere close.)

But, if you have the cash and its something you want to do, then yes you can.

Hope that helps.:)

Ahhh I see mate. Well I did a search for two hid kits but can't seem to find a related thread. Sorry :p

I have LED sidelights(?) in the front bumper indicator. I normally switch that on + fog lights when visibility is poor.

I have PIAA ultra white now in my fogs but thinking of upgrading it since the HID looks awesome!

Imagine the fogs and the low beam with HID at night...

Fwiw I am having the following setup;

dipped beam = HB4 6000K HIDs

fog = philips ultra blue vision 4000K bulb upgrade (used this on all my cars and bikes over the years and they really work!)

side lights = philips ultra blue vision

main = leaving standard for time being.

A pimp, also called a fleshmonger or pander, finds and manages women (often very young women) who are vulnerable and susceptible, for whatever reason, to extreme manipulation and engages them in prostitution (in brothels and on the streets) in order to profit from their earnings :blink:

right, it's just an expression but if its not allowed then I will edit it out. It would have pasted the definition here but I guess thats not wise ;)

No one said it wasn't allowed I just thought you might have confused the phrase "It looks pimp" with something else of relevance.

If "it looks pimp" to have the fogs and low beam in HID, how's that a good thing?

It's a slang but I guess its more Americanized.

adjective

* very good, excellent; COOL, AWESOME. Also pimping.

That is a pimp car.

That's a pimping car.

Still, why IBTL?

Adverse conditions with poor visibility ;)

It looks awesome having the fogs and low beam HID on though :sly:

is it illegal to use fog lights otherwise? Really not sure about this...

Don't drive with fogs on unless its raining, foggy or has poor visibility :p

I was just stating that it would look awesome having both fog and low beam as HIDs. :D

Seriously though, didn't know it was illegal or otherwise to drive with fogs on.

Cops will still do you, ignorance is not an excuse ;)

True true :) I won't drive around with fogs on during clear conditions ofc.

Did some digging and this clarifies everything :

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

[Law RVLR regs 25 & 27]

However, what if its night and its very dark. Not foggy, just dark and your low beam is not providing sufficient illumination. Would it be ok to use fogs then? Just want to know people's view on this.