The mkiv Supra Owners Club

0-60

mad_supra_21

Mine's a mechanically-standard import TT. We did a two-way average on a flat private road with a stationary laser, and timed it at 5.2 with a full tank of 97 RON fuel and myself and one somewhat lardy mate in the car. It was dry, and the so-called traction control was off.

Not sure that having overdrive on or off will make any difference - with kickdown you should still easily be in second gear at 60mph.

You might be able to hold first gear slightly longer by using the manual mode, but then you'd have to time the shift just right.

Originally posted by oxygene

i would love to get my 0-60 timed.

my car unfortunately has a inhibitor, which stops it accelerating as fast as it should...

Its called me being gravitaionally challenged :D hehehehe

Oxy: What kind of inhibitor is this? :conf:

*EDIT* Oh, I get it now. Duh!

O/Drive only cuts out 4th gear. It either limits you to 120ish MPH by locking out 4th or gives you a sharper response by holding down into 3rd.

Power brake to about 2K RPM (starting to buck) and leave it in D I think is the best way off the line. With Manu there is a delay before the change up and it's all too easy to hit the rev limiter in 1st and fluff it.

Picture of my G-Tech pro meter when I was stock all bar cat no2. I had Yoko AVS on the back and probably not the best road surface.

http://www.cargills.demon.co.uk/supra/BBSImages/Supra0to60.jpg

Note the fence is to keep the peasants off my test track :innocent:

Originally posted by michel lane

mine does a 0-60 in 3.5 sec , i have timed it aswell !!!!!!!!!!!!!i sat on the toliet seat and by the time it took me to dump , it took 3.5 sec before it hit the bottom !!!!...ooops wrong thread

No i dont think we will go there dewd :eek: