The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick HID question.

Mcgoo

I have been trawling through the HID threads and haven't found an answer, I also posted the question in another thread yesterday but feel it may have been lost in the discussion. :search:

So my question is; I have seen HID kits stating 'not for use on cars with light warning systems' and Kits that say they have decoders for this.

Does the supra 'light warning' come up on the dash if the wrong kit is fitted or can any kit be fitted?

Sorry for starting another HID thread but I wanted to order some this morning. ;)

Cheers.

:)

I have been trawling through the HID threads and haven't found an answer, I also posted the question in another thread yesterday but feel it may have been lost in the discussion. :search:

So my question is; I have seen HID kits stating 'not for use on cars with light warning systems' and Kits that say they have decoders for this.

Does the supra 'light warning' come up on the dash if the wrong kit is fitted or can any kit be fitted?

Sorry for starting another HID thread but I wanted to order some this morning. ;)

Cheers.

:)

I have a set from Knight Racer - plugged straight in no problems. As far as I can see, any kit can be fitted.

Just an update for anyone searching.

I bought a kit from ebay see here;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220486482784&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4891wt_850

I got a 35w 6000k HB3/9005 plug and pay kit with 2 year warranty for £56.90. Free next day delivery.

Fitted it this afternoon, took about 15 mins, and most of that was cable tying. The only problem was I had to reverse the polarity by turning the connector on the car 180 degrees.

Obviously haven't tried it at night yet but looks good so far. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have two questions about HID that I hope you guys can answer for me!

1. I just installed a 8000k HID kit in my supra 9006, There is a strange noise coming from both ballast is this normal? its pretty loud if your bonnet is open!?

2. If I want another color temp than 8000k, can I just change the bulbs to exampel 6000k or is it the ballast which deside the color of the HID kit?

Thanks!

I have two questions about HID that I hope you guys can answer for me!

1. I just installed a 8000k HID kit in my supra 9006, There is a strange noise coming from both ballast is this normal? its pretty loud if your bonnet is open!?

2. If I want another color temp than 8000k, can I just change the bulbs to exampel 6000k or is it the ballast which deside the color of the HID kit?

Thanks!

1. In my experience some do, some don't. I wouldn't worry too much unless you actually see arcs of electricity like I did on one of my sets. :taped:

2. In theory it is the bulb which determines the colour/temperature.... However, when I swapped one of the ballasts over to a different brand (whilst retaining the original bulbs), the colour was noticeably different.

:edit: You already found the answers. :(

I find my HID's blind the person driving in the inside lane due to the lights reflector shape, which raises to the left.

I wonder if I have the same issue, though no one has ranted at me. Sometimes notice the light reaching the left hand side drivers right wing mirror.