The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What turbo would you recommend

mark uk manual

i think you really need to decide on driveability and where you want the power as your 200bhp tolerance is rather wide :D, a T67DBB sized turbo would get you well into the lower end of your quoted power figure and still maintain a good compromise of power and lag, at the 800bhp end of your figure, lots of things will need uprating and lots of things will have the potential to break :(, the inevitable increase in lag coupled with the clutch to hold that power may well make the car less than pleasant to drive, the decision is yours

As Paul Mac said.

Lots of difference between 600 and 800 bhp, for 600bhp id go with a billet 6262 or 6765, for 800 id look towards the 74mm turbos, i hear there is some new turbos coming out very soon that are air cooled dbb and are supposed to spool even quicker, id wait for some testing to be done on them first though.

Im also in this situation. Im still seq twin turbo and looking for my first single turbo kit.

Im looking at the HKS TO4Z or for a bit more punch the HKS 62r. Also watching Jamie P's results with his new tubby. Uuummm so many to choose from.

Mate the HKS 62R is a HUGE turbo, mega laggy and capable of 1100+bhp:d

Im thinking of changing my turbo as i don't feel it has enough punch. At the moment im running a sound performance SP61. I would like to be able to run between 600-800 bhp, but would like it to be as fast spooling as possible. Iv heard a few people rate the hks t51r's but what do you think is best for me? ;)

Whats the full spec of your current setup?

Always got to have a bit in reserve Jamie :D.

Maybe a bit big for me then. I think I read it on HKS website and it said it my replace the ageing 51 kai but never mentioned any power figures.

lol.. yes the HKS T62 is rated to 1200hp. Its the turbo that sumo power run on fujin. I think just a tad too big for what you want. :)

I would say HKS T04Z at the moment, but definitely hold out till till the new billet wheel turbos have seen some action.

Jamie will be pushing one to its limits fairly soon. :)

lol.. yes the HKS T62 is rated to 1200hp. Its the turbo that sumo power run on fujin. I think just a tad too big for what you want. :)

I would say HKS T04Z at the moment, but definitely hold out till till the new billet wheel turbos have seen some action.

Jamie will be pushing one to its limits fairly soon. :)

Hehe Out my depth a bit there I think guys.

Yep Im going with the HKS TO4Z that's decided just need tell the wife. (anyone fancy telling her for me).

Im on it, if only the thing would fit properly. :)

The customer is a bit of a pain too, keeps asking for more stuff to be done. He is very demanding you know. :D

Sorry:D

Is there any plans to produce a larger turbo using the new billet wheels say a 71mm;)

There is lots of different size billet wheel turbos mate, up to 76mm i think.

Im also in this situation. Im still seq twin turbo and looking for my first single turbo kit.

Im looking at the HKS TO4Z or for a bit more punch the HKS 62r. Also watching Jamie P's results with his new tubby. Uuummm so many to choose from.

Just a little more punch from the t62r :D:)

My 76 DBB Billet was making good boost at 3600 rpm and made high 500's at 1.2 bar and only 6700 rpm, it was only just getting going and had we been able to rev it to 8500 ++ it would have made loads of power. This turbo is supposed to be good for over 1100 hp too and does not feel laggy at all, prob similar to my old 71.

My 76 DBB Billet was making good boost at 3600 rpm and made high 500's at 1.2 bar and only 6700 rpm, it was only just getting going and had we been able to rev it to 8500 ++ it would have made loads of power. This turbo is supposed to be good for over 1100 hp too and does not feel laggy at all, prob similar to my old 71.

Those numbers are very impressive, from such a compact unit.