The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hks ssqv

supraturbochris

Which model is it? The screw on the back adjusts the tension on the spring and when the BOV opens, not the sound. The purple insert (sold separately) is a little bit louder, as will higher boost pressure.

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/blow_off/option/img/option3.jpg

Would I be right in thinking that it would seem quieter on your auto due to the fast, smooth gear change? :innocent:

And on a manual they 'blow off' for longer due to being off boost during the longer gear change?

(Waits to be called an idiot and shot down in flames) :search:

yer there pretty loud. my sounded loads better once i uprated the boost. the HKS BOV's have 2 valves on them, one for low boost and one for high boost.

at full throttle at high revs the high boost valve will open and its not that load and wil be high pitched.

and a low gear (in a manual) and full throttle creating aboost build up the larger valve opens and the coolest dump goes of that its fairly loud.....with my car anyway lol

thanks for all your replies.

Its the purple fin nic.

Its really weird, if i hold boost on without flooring it, the bov whistles, sounds like its leaking boost pressure or something, maybe wrong.

Just sounds like a wet fat :D

It will be a silver fin, don't get the fin confused with the purple tip of the piston. Silver whistles, purple wooshes.

if i want to "hear" my dump valve properly in my auto i get it revving to the point just before it changes gear then lift off the throttle - good for scaring old grannies as you sail past!! :sly:

i thought it was only me that did that. Glad i aint alone :D

Yup, I have a SSQV in my Auto and I have to do what Jamesy said :) Time letting off the gas with a natural gear change.

Any chance of some videos or sound clips :innocent: