The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Miami Mile!

JamieP

Just reading about this over on suprforum.com, Standing start 1 mile race that was on in America yesterday, bit like the pistonheads Vmax i suppose, would be nice to have a supra event in this country like it:)

More info here, all sorts of cars racing.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562634

Couple of videos of a supra doing 215mph.

Ford GT40 Twin turbo won the event i think with 220mph standing mile.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't RAF Marnham do this kind of thing ? I know Michel Lane hit bout 190/195mph on a top end run - im sure that was there

Thats 1.6 miles long and you enter it at about 70mph from the fast sweeping bend, these guys in america are doing a standing start 1 mile;)

The Boostlogic car hit 246 mph in the texas mile, same rules!!! and he didnt use 6 gear, it has also run hi 7's with some mods so im told!!!!

We are thinking about hiring Bruntingthorpe for some top speed action, will throw it open to the forum when we work out how many cars we need to cover it.

The Boostlogic car hit 246 mph in the texas mile, same rules!!! and he didnt use 6 gear, it has also run hi 7's with some mods so im told!!!!

We are thinking about hiring Bruntingthorpe for some top speed action, will throw it open to the forum when we work out how many cars we need to cover it.

If this happens before my car is ready I'll be seriously unimpressed :D

If this happens before my car is ready I'll be seriously unimpressed :D

Wont be till after xmas dude the idea is to shake down my car for next year, will be looking to pull way over 200mph at somewhere like bruntingthorpe, we are also going to rent the pod and have about 30 supras and 30 TVR's aqgain so we can set mine and another supra up that should run 8's, we can take passengers at Bruntingthorpe I believe but not the Pod.

The drag event we had at Bovingdon 14th August 05 was cool, not sure how long that track was though.

I need to have a fully prepped track to run my car in anger dude so it has to be the Pod or Avon Park, an unglued track would be too dangerous without the traction control on and we dont use that in drag racing;)