The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woohoo, picked up the beast

JamesC

Well got my new car the other day, very nice.

Mines standard and on the 400 mile trip home it was very quiet, good stuff :)

Its only an SZ but it still feels fairly nippy, and its manual which helps. Only problem is that someone has stuck the UK dildos on tyhe front, and they have done a really shit job of it, total mess so i need to get them tidied up or taken out and smoothed.

Apart from that very good, handles well and the back end likes to play sometimes :looney:

I'm happy. :)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.calverley1/James/supra4.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.calverley1/James/supra5.jpg

yep they are UK alloys, along with the UK headlight washers :confused:

Tried to change the standard speakers today because they are pap, didnt realise that you had to cut the plastic behind to fit 6.5" speakers, took ages to get one fitted. then took it for a spin to Kielder ;)

I live in washington mate, not quite Newcastle. Somebody else in the area picked one up the other day too didnt they? Getting it from Liverpool or somewhere?

P.s - anybody know where to get clear indicators for it? and how much?

Cheers.

Ok cheers Gaz.

No plans for it yet apart from sorting the bumper out, putting clear bits at the front and side and putting the stereo in from my old car.

I cant afford any wheels, so i was wondering what UK wheels look like in dark chrome or something like that, anyone got any pics?

Apart from that i pretty much like the standard look.

Anyone had an N/A de-catted? Make any difference? The local exhaust place is always reasonable ;)

Guest JS_RZS

Lovely looking car. Watch out in newcastle though; I just had a white van man run along the side of my mint TT this morning, leaving me with a nice 2' by 4" scratch/dent in the rear wing.

I'm not happy :-(

Unfortunately they dont work, and someone has done a very poor job of putting them in, so i think i'll get them taken out. I need a good body shop around here too.

Paul, did you get your full car sprayed at PPS? A mate of mine got his full car sprayed at there and the results were shocking. Paint was flaking off etc. But yours does look very nice :)

Sweet car buddy! :D Picked up my silver UK TT about two weeks ago, already waxed it twice and now have permanently wringled hands from washing it so much.

Slightly off topic I'm atempting to source some pop up headlight washers to replace the dildo style ones, had a look at some cool looking ones from the VW Tourag 4X4. Gonna have a look around at alternatives and costs. If anyone else is interested I can put together a step by step guide and costing/sourcing. If theres not much interest I probably won't bother with the guide.