The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I need my lights Refurbed Failed Mot :(

Guest shanew1108

Guest shanew1108

Hi Guys, been a while since i was last on, my sat game of football took a turn for the worst 6 weeks ago went in for 50/50 and snapped my tib and fib completely in half resulting in the bone sticking out of my shin ;( after a 6 hr op rods, screws etc and 6 weeks confined to the sofa watching endless episodes jeremy kyle im finally on the road recovery, can walk un aided (only just) !!!!!!!

So.............. Supe ran out of mot while i was a home bug, so i booked it in, went yesterday left it with them went back and it had failed ;( On both front lights, (badly effecting Beam image was the quote) and also failed on Fog light tell tale (light on dash) And that was it !!!! the technician said the car is better mechanically than most cars alot of years younger, he was blown away by how clean and solid it was, which was quite good to hear seen as i have only had the car months.

Tried to contact jon from custom lights to see about getting them refurbed with no luck, seen he hasnt been on here for a while and some people waiting 4 weeks plus for there lights returned, was just wondering if there was anyone else on here who refurbs lights with good turn around time, want them black with chrome rings.

Any help would be great guys, dont really want to attempt it myself at the moment. Thanks

Guest shanew1108

Yea there yellow dull and got a bit of condensation in them, didnt wanna really attempt them myself but may have to if no1 else wants to take my money off me lol, is there any tutorials on taking the lights apart on here or is it straight forward? thanks for the reply.