The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Re-map next fri

ADD

Looking forward to next fri, as going up to SRR with Ryan to tweak the car slightly, it will be nice to finally see what its putting out. I'd be over the moon with 350 tbh. Bought some BKR8EIX to go in before so he can work his magic.

Ill post up graph etc when i get it.

cheers

Well took a drive up to SRR this morning and met Ryan and charlie, two top blokes so firstly a massive thank you to them.... I Explained to Ryan that i thought the car was rather sluggish, so he said he'll do a power run and see what it kicking out and check the map to see if it can be tweaked. Well it didnt go very well TBH, the first turbo is doing practically nothing so the car only peaked @374bhp and didnt even manage to reach 300 Lb ft of torque this was at about 1.3bar. He took 5 degrees off the timing as it was deting badly too.

I have the graph at home so will post up for some thoughts, but he has told me i need to get the sequential system looked at and a compression test done. I knew the car was pretty flat on power so glad i went to see him.

Edited by ADD (see edit history)

Ah ok, when you said I thank them for their time, I thought they had done it for free

Shame to hear you have problems, thats the trouble with SRR, if you have an issue there is no garage facility so off the rollers and home time

Thats very true mate bit of a pain but i'll get it looked at and hope we can improve on the power.

yeah thought that! Just need to get the first turbo looked at as its pretty flat. 326 is that fwbhp?

Yeah FWHP. My first turbo is pretty flat too. Think it might be the restrictor ring causing the hassle (won't be your issue). Before fitting it i got 0.7-0.8 from the 1st tubby and 1.0-1.1 from both. Now i get 0.5-0.6 and 0.9-1.0.

Yeah FWHP. My first turbo is pretty flat too. Think it might be the restrictor ring causing the hassle (won't be your issue). Before fitting it i got 0.7-0.8 from the 1st tubby and 1.0-1.1 from both. Now i get 0.5-0.6 and 0.9-1.0.

Cant ya just open the ring up more? Would wastegate probs cause the first tubby too play up?

Cant ya just open the ring up more? Would wastegate probs cause the first tubby too play up?

Yeah thats what i plan to do. I'm gonna take it out and open it up a little with the dremmel.

I'm not really sure about how the UK's work to be honest. If the wastegate was opening too easily then i guess that could be causing the issues. Broken vanes would also leave it a little flat i guess.

Hope you get it sorted out bud. Keep me up to date, might be a similar solution.

Cheers

Yeah thats what i plan to do. I'm gonna take it out and open it up a little with the dremmel.

I'm not really sure about how the UK's work to be honest. If the wastegate was opening too easily then i guess that could be causing the issues. Broken vanes would also leave it a little flat i guess.

Hope you get it sorted out bud. Keep me up to date, might be a similar solution.

Cheers

cheers scott will do.....

Hm that is rather lazy. You should see quite an increase in power at 4000rpm and the torque should peak at about 4500, yours is doing that at 5500rpm. Odd though as the boost pressure goes up to 1.2bar and the AFRs are OK...

I've attached a dyno of a BPU Supra that I stashed for reference purposes. You can see the increase at by 4500rpm of the second turbo coming on.

-Ian

Torque_and_BHP.jpg

Hm that is rather lazy. You should see quite an increase in power at 4000rpm and the torque should peak at about 4500, yours is doing that at 5500rpm. Odd though as the boost pressure goes up to 1.2bar and the AFRs are OK...

I've attached a dyno of a BPU Supra that I stashed for reference purposes. You can see the increase at by 4500rpm of the second turbo coming on.

-Ian

Tbh the car has always felt sluggish on the first turbo, could wastegate probs cause this? when i accelerate low revs i can hear the turbo working but dont get the power to go with it.