The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help my car is deadly :(

paul_h

right, to cut a long story short i bought a supra TT without an engine. I had a falling out with the garage who where going to fit an engine and refit any parts that had been removed by them so they supplied my with the shell and a big box of bits.

i have got the car on the road now but it has a major problem with the back end wobbling all over. The best way i can describe it would be like when the front tramlines due to larger alloys only much more violent and its coming from the rear causing the car to skip side to side. This has made the car undriveable and very very unsafe.

it does this with the stock 16" wheels and tyres and also with the 18" alloys i have. i have just had a 4 wheel alignment done so know its not that. Its more prominent when going round a bend and when the autobox changes up or down.

I think that about describes it so does anyone have any idea where to start looking?

thanks

paul

i dont think it would be them but i will check, the car before the garage got hold of it had a single conversion done running big power so there is no way it could have been driven as it is now, it wouldnt have stayed on the road :(

all the gargae did was remove the engine and diff (according to them !!) and i got hold of a new engine and diff and fitted those.

the diff i got did look a little old and rusty, would a knackered diff cause such problems?

paul

the diff is supposed to be the diff out of L33's car but i'm not convinced, it was lying around at the gargae that is doing some work for him. i need to get it up in the air and have a look. i will report back tomorrow with any findings, i was just after peoples opinions on where to start looking :)

i will check all the bolts / bushes in the rear suspension for play and check the wheel bearings etc see what i can find

paul