The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Offside rear upper suspension arm.

Dave_SZ-R

Hi guys,

Had the car at the garage the other day getting afew bits and bobs done. Ive been told that there is 'excessive play in the pin/ bush' on my offside rear upper suspension arm. Ive been told to replace the arm by the guy (at a cost of £120).

First time Ive used him, so just wanted to check on here if that seems like a reasonable price? Also, if anyone can give me the part no, or point me in the direction of a trader who sellls these it would be much appreciated.

Also, what are the best pads for front J-spec brakes?

£120 is cheap for the rear upper arm, is that brand new?

48770-19025 Rear Upper Arm - RH

The best pads I have used are the carbon composite Endless MX72's, they are not cheap though.

Yeah, its new, Ive been told hes very cheap on parts though! Thanks for the part no. Nick, when are you doing those NA manifolds again!?

What would be a ballpark figure for fitting the suspension arm? brake pads I can just about handle, but Ive never done any suspension stuff...

That's very cheap for one of those arms in the UK. If the price is right then it'll be about an hour to swap. Suspension geo will need looking at afterwards, but if that one arm is shot it's worth getting the others check in detail before going for a geo setup.

Edit - checking prices again, I think they might have got it wrong with the quote... If not, let us know which Toyota garage is supplying them!!

That's very cheap for one of those arms in the UK. If the price is right then it'll be about an hour to swap. Suspension geo will need looking at afterwards, but if that one arm is shot it's worth getting the others check in detail before going for a geo setup.

Edit - checking prices again, I think they might have got it wrong with the quote... If not, let us know which Toyota garage is supplying them!!

Having gone back and actually *looked* at the quote, I can confirm it is actually £150 for the arm. Hes also quoted me £37 for front pads, although Im thinking about some EBCs from Fensport.

Does this still seem way off Homer? What price would you expect to pay for one of these?