The mkiv Supra Owners Club

for N\A owners

w41k3r

Interesting but am I missing something?

In brief they have added 87mm pistons and port and polished built head with JUN 272 high lift cams and ITBs, how does that equal 300hp?

that should be enough to extract the 80 or so hp. Seems like he has taken a leaf out of the vtec tuners handbook. But that 80hp woulda been mighty expensive, to extract.

305BHP at 7500rpm is 11.9bar BMEP - well within the capabilities of a fairly normal NA engine if everything is set up right and the thing can breathe.

But as has been mentioned already, it will have been optimised for that figure alone. You normally hit that kind of BMEP at peak torque speed, not peak power. It will probably feel relatively dead for a lot of the real, usable driving range. Look how short those intake runners are! No good for low / mid range at all.

I'd love to see its torque curve. I bet it looks like a ski slope :)

But as has been mentioned already, it will have been optimised for that figure alone. You normally hit that kind of BMEP at peak torque speed, not peak power. It will probably feel relatively dead for a lot of the real, usable driving range. Look how short those intake runners are! No good for low / mid range at all.

I'd love to see its torque curve. I bet it looks like a ski slope :)

the close ratio'd later 6 speed NA's has a low rev drop per gear so may allow constant access to the power band which I spose is all you really need.........I'd love to have a go in that :)