The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car s gone.. but it will be back !!!!

Stratty

I waved farewell to the car this morning as I watched it being loaded into a container for the start of a long journey.

The final destination is Keron's for a TT transplant.

I think the next couple of weeks are going to drag as I wait for it's return.

Let's just hope the boat doesn't sink on it's way over to the UK.. :)

i would be the same, out of interest what are you paying for the conversion?? as i want to get some figures together to do the same.

It's £2,300 for the basic conversion.

I then bought an uprated clutch from Paul Whiffin and a HKS bov.

That all came in at around £2,800 in total.

The car finally arrived at Kerons today after Konrad had a wasted journey down to the docks to collect it on Monday.

The boat arrived on Monday but without the car as they forgot to ship it, yet when we phoned them to see if it had arrived they said yes..

What a cock-up.. :rolleyes:

Konrad was a top bloke and took the long drive down to Poole today to collect it.. again...

It was good to find out that the tracker I have fitted works as well as I got a call from the tracking company 5 minutes after Konrad had loaded the car onto the trailer to tell me the car was being moved without the keys being in the ignition.

Now it is down to Keron to work his magic before the car is shipped back with the addition of a couple of tubbies.. :D

Cheers guys. I have tried to look after it the best i can.

The veilside kit will be going in the future but I didn't see the point in fitting a new kit and respraying the car just to have it shoved into a container and the possibility of getting it damaged.

Glad you like the interior Konrad, a few subtle changes really makes a difference I think.

Thanks for the pics and a great service.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well....

After being at Keron's for a couple of weeks, the car is now on it's way back.

Suprash collected the car 15 mins ago and now has the task of trying to make it down to Poole docks before the shipping company closes.

I hope this is all worth it in the end..

Car1.jpg

Just picked the car up and the new engine is fantastic.

Thanks Keron for doing the job and cleaning up the engine bay, you could eat your dinner off that motor.

Only took the car for a quick spin but am not sure how much quicker the new engine is as I couldn't stop the wheels from spinning.. :D

Will try and get some pics up of the new motor over the weekend.

p.s. Thanks to Suprahuman for helping me get the car off the docks today...