The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey :]

Guest Mauler

Guest Mauler

Mauler here, how's it going? I'm based in Essex, work in IT, have dreadlocks and play bass in a metal band. In the past I've owned mostly Fords (a family thing) with the exception of a Mk2 MR2 Rev1 turbo and a Celica GT4 WRC turbo which were both great cars even if the turbo in the GT4 went after two weeks of ownership :blink:. Currently I have my old 3.0S Capri in my parent's garage slowly getting done up so I'm pootling about in a V6 Cougar which I have taken a strong dislike to. It's just so...boring! Being a tarted-up Mondeo it's practical and that but it's just not got the characteristics or the grin-factor that I'm used to. I'm moving into my own flat very soon so both of these Fords need to go and I need one car to rule them all...er...replace them, sorry.

I'll miss the Capri like merry hell but y'know, it's a '78 like me and I can't keep patching her up forever, nor can I afford to get her restored properly. As the Capri was, to me, the last decent (European) coupe that Ford made I'm not getting a more modern Ford and both the Toyotas that I owned were all good.

The MR2 and GT4 were nice and fast but not too great on practicality (the MR2 especially and the GT4 had a great strut-brace in the middle of the boot making it next to useless) so the next thing to look at is a Supra. My ex GF's older sister had a NA imported MkIV (what an awesome combo, haha) so, as I'm not made of money a UK spec turbo is out and a nice black MkIV NA looks like the way forward. If I can afford it.

Which brings me here. This looks to be a decent place and I look forward to learning about stuff and hanging here. :)

Edited by Mauler (see edit history)

Welcome Mauler. Sounds like you've done a bit of homework on the various options which is always good. So the GT4's boot is less practical than the supra's is it? I've never seen the inside of a GT4 so I wouldn't know. :)

I have an NA supra, and in my experience they are super-reliable as long as the basic servicing is/has been taken care of.