The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Two videos of my N/A at JSF

Kearney

What, if anything is done to the car?

Goes well enough for an N/A

;)

Its gas this car has DEFINETLY got to have something done to it im completely oblivous to. Im the first owner since japan and my mate has a gtst and went on the modball with me and the car is around 270bhp on a set of 17's and im on 18's and for some reason the two cars were exactly matched in a straight line.

I'm still trying to figure out whats up with it LOL. But im not complaining :D

Its gas this car has DEFINETLY got to have something done to it im completely oblivous to. Im the first owner since japan and my mate has a gtst and went on the modball with me and the car is around 270bhp on a set of 17's and im on 18's and for some reason the two cars were exactly matched in a straight line.

I'm still trying to figure out whats up with it LOL. But im not complaining :D

[COOL][/COOL]

I've just got mine so hopefully I might have a winner too...hope.

We should race them against each other next year at Santapod when I go.

Its a N/A manual and does move fairly well.

[COOL][/COOL]

I've just got mine so hopefully I might have a winner too...hope.

We should race them against each other next year at Santapod when I go.

Its a N/A manual and does move fairly well.

Cool I'd be up for it :)

I'll be over for JTS next year so if you can make it then that'd be cool :D

Gonna get myself an SZR rear diff for better launches and a nice decent set of wide rear tyres lol.

Gas :)

Wind assisted i take it :)

It was very windy that day alright! It was slowing everyone down a bit :rolleyes:

But it didn't stop us having a bitta craic on the strip, and by that I mean the track of course :D

removing the headlight is pointless the extra air people think there getting or cooler air is evened out by the loss of aerodynamics. ive done alot of research into this as i use to do this myself on cars were the intake behind the light. not bad for n/a slowest supra race i ever seen:taped:

whats the 0-60 times on the type r's?..6.5ish?

this brings me back to the saxo vts/106gti discussion. people claiming that both cars will beat an na supra to triple figures yet this video shows an na supra beating a type r, which is quicker than both the vts and gti, in a 1/4 mile race.

people underestimate the n/a manuals , people with tts and big singles drive an n/a and say its slow and compaird to those cars they are , but in genral is a pretty quick car,

my friends na is quicker tha a type r, a golf gti ,a vtr, bmw 330, leon cupra, and more , ther far from slow

nice runs kearny , i enjoyd you beating the civic as civic drivers all seem to think ther cars are amazingly awsome and they are all proffesional drivers.

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

whats the 0-60 times on the type r's?..6.5ish?

this brings me back to the saxo vts/106gti discussion. people claiming that both cars will beat an na supra to triple figures yet this video shows an na supra beating a type r, which is quicker than both the vts and gti, in a 1/4 mile race.

Yes and plus I've ran against a few different hondas and I've pulled away. Wouldnt mind a run against a quick modded DC2 ITR it'd probaly beat me though.

RWD's are the best balanced cars around track. I'll never say anything else is

Heres a video of me around mondello driving an Exige S trying to catch a CSL M3, ok my driving skills werent the best at the time :D but RWD's are just so well balanced.

I WILL own an M3 one day:D

people underestimate the n/a manuals , people with tts and big singles drive an n/a and say its slow and compaird to those cars they are , but in genral is a pretty quick car,

my friends na is quicker tha a type r, a golf gti ,a vtr, bmw 330, leon cupra, and more , ther far from slow

nice runs kearny , i enjoyd you beating the civic as civic drivers all seem to think ther cars are amazingly awsome and they are all proffesional drivers.

Well thats it really. I find, with my car anyway, that in first and 2nd theres not too much difference between it and a stock TT. But when it hits into 3rd the TT shines over it.

This video really shows what I mean, I duno whos car this was at suprapod but it was very quick!

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm73/kearney-skyline/?action=view&current=PIC_1032.flv

I had a run against a 2.2 VTi prelude at the start of the saturday the weekend JSF was on, got a bad launch and still bet him by half a second :D

Civics and integras are everywere in Ireland, they plauge the place.

i've contemplated putting engines etc into my car but I can't pull myself to do it. I just love the rawness of the power and been able to rev the nuts outta it out on track too. Can't see me having that with a TT unfortunetly :(