The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Straight Swap

Guest Luffy

Guest Luffy

I own a 97 Aerotop N/A and have been offered a straight swap on a 94 Low mileage turbo with Leather and Stage 1 Mods. Do you think i would be getting a good deal, and being an old turbo, am i likely to get a lot of problems!!??

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

Its dull and raining here :innocent:

My aerotop is in bits too, still it'll be all done soon :D

Gaz

Thats a shame, its been absolutely gorgeous down here :D

Luffy, why is this person keen to swap supes? Its not something I would imagine happening too often, going from a TT to an NA.

Originally posted by Faye

Thats a shame, its been absolutely gorgeous down here :D

Luffy, why is this person keen to swap supes? Its not something I would imagine happening too often, going from a TT to an NA.

Agreed - I smell something fishy and its not Faye with her top off :p

Oh yeah as for the weather - Im a northerner by birth and grew up in Leeds - I really miss it but the weather sucks big time,Since I moved down wouth about 5 years ago summers last longer,winters not as cold and Spring here=summer oop north

I love Surrey :love:

Well its only to be expected Aero's rule!! Maybe the guy is gonna get himself the newer car with no outlay, and then swap the engine out of a TT hence gaining himself a TT Aero 3 years younger than his current car without the hassle of selling his car and trying to buy another one and only having to outlay about £3k to do this, giving him a 97 aero TT worth probably £13-£15k from a car worth £7-£9k plus outlay of £3k for engine swap putting him in pocket by over £3k

As Ashley said it depends on the car, if it looks and drives good then it's worth considering, do you want the extra power? Have you thought about selling for a TT, if not and your happy with yours then keep it :)

There probably priced the same, but he is getting a Aerotop and a newer car and you get a turbo engine, is your car nicer looking?

Paul