The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I need an idle control valve

carl0s

Has anybody got an idle control valve / IACV off a TT that I can buy?

I know this should be in the wanted section, but nobody ever looks in there.

Is that an 'air idle control valve'? Was quoted over 400 notes from Toyota. Try Keron that's where I got mine.

Is that an 'air idle control valve'? Was quoted over 400 notes from Toyota. Try Keron that's where I got mine.

idle air control valve, yep. £470 from Steve Manley. I already tried Keron :giveup:

I don't even know if it'll fix the problem, it's just the next thing to try ..

idle air control valve, yep. £470 from Steve Manley. I already tried Keron :giveup:

I don't even know if it'll fix the problem, it's just the next thing to try ..

Absolutely crazy money for somehing so small. Sounds like you're in the same position as I was. Garage said it 'could' be the idle control valve. Turns out it wasn't it was the ecu. Glad I didn't spend £470 on something I didn't need.

Absolutely crazy money for somehing so small. Sounds like you're in the same position as I was. Garage said it 'could' be the idle control valve. Turns out it wasn't it was the ecu. Glad I didn't spend £470 on something I didn't need.

What were the symptoms you had? I'm very very close to ordering one from the USA for ~£220 + customs taxes.

What were the symptoms you had? I'm very very close to ordering one from the USA for ~£220 + customs taxes.

Car was overfuelling. The garage checked pretty much every sensor on the car. Turned out all of the sensors were sending the correct information to the ecu but the ecu was misinterpretting the information they were sending. Got a second hand ecu from Keron for about 50 quid and it's worked perfectly ever since.

Car was overfuelling. The garage checked pretty much every sensor on the car. Turned out all of the sensors were sending the correct information to the ecu but the ecu was misinterpretting the information they were sending. Got a second hand ecu from Keron for about 50 quid and it's worked perfectly ever since.

Fair enough :) Doesn't sound like my problem, so I'll carry on with the IACV.. :rolleyes: :(

I've just took the IACV off the car again, and have taken it apart here at the dinner table, and I really can't see how there could possibly be anything wrong with it. THe bearings are good, it's clean inside, and when you turn the motor by hand the resitance feels as it should for a motor.

Still need another one to try though ..

Hmm. It looks like the N/A one will fit. Whether it'll actually work though is a totally different thing altogether.

The N/A item is p/n 22270-46050 and looks like this:

The Turbo item is p/n 22270-46060 and looks like this:

http://www.css-networks.com/tt-valve.jpg

The turbo one actually comes with with an adaptor plate though through which the coolant passes to warm up the intake air, and so actually comes supplied like this:

http://info.rockauto.com/Airtex/2H1367.jpg

You can see that the TT item looks like it's actually the N/A item plus the extra piece with the pipes, whereas the N/A one just bolts straight into the throttle body.

Shouldn't be so hard to get hold of an N/A IACV ..