The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero Roof or Solid Roof?!?

staples230uk

Hello to all again...

As I am currently navigating thorugh numerous amounts of classifieds trying to eye up which supra to buy (have decided for a NA). I am now facing the choice of solid roof or aero top. The aero top looks awesome but has anyone had any trouble with them? Do they affect the handling at all? Are they easily damaged once removed?

They look like a brilliant option for an unseasonably warm day, but then would the solid roof be a better option?....... I invite all opinions because I want my first supra to be perfect!

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my ramblings!! :)

Smiffy

Where in Norfolk are you from mate? I'm from King's Lynn and might be back there in a couple of weeks if you want to see my car.

I love my hard top and I was thinking about it today - I would only ever go for the hard top too.

It's up to you though. A lot of people love the autobox and also the aerotops!

In all honesty it depends on your driving style. I would rather have my car exactly as it is with an aerotop as i don't corner my car particularly hard. You will get a bit of scuttle shake etc but you can add bracing to help combat this.

You have to take into account the difference in cost also.

Where in Norfolk are you from mate? I'm from King's Lynn and might be back there in a couple of weeks if you want to see my car.

I love my hard top and I was thinking about it today - I would only ever go for the hard top too.

It's up to you though. A lot of people love the autobox and also the aerotops!

I'm in swaffham mate!! very kind of you to offer, and I might have a look. :D

Aero!!! :D I have had four! I had two hard tops and missed the aero like crazy! Seriously it is so nice having the roof off, it is a different driving experience! None of mine have rattled, one leaked a little though in heavy rain. A member on here 'Dude' had a single turbo aerotop and used it on the track etc :) If you're going for an N/A I would definitely say get an aero, as I had an N/A hard top and it was so boring! If TT then hardtop would be fine :D

It really depends on your intended use for the car. I guess as you have opted for an N/A you are not looking for out and out performance. If you are not going to drive the car hard then I doubt the flex in the Aero shell in hard direction changes is not going to bother you. If that is the case, then go for the Aero. You can't beat top down motoring.