The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Last weekend Supra Big brake Upgrade

edinlexusV8

What do you think folks? I am loving my new brakes. Here are some pics ... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

EBC Yellow Stuff pads

New front and rear calipers (from Brakes International - would recommend these guys, very good service and price)

Bremtech drilled and grooved fornt discs (from brakes Int.)

EDC dimples and grooved rear discs

Goodridge brakelines

Shim kit, anti rattle kit, caliper pins dust covers all from toyota

I painted the calipers red need to put the decals on :D

Let me know what you guys think

The first pic is the original brake.

Soarer Original Brake.jpg

Supra Caliper1.jpg

Supra caliper2.jpg

Supra Big brake1.jpg

Supra Big brake3.jpg

Supra Big brake4.jpg

Looks really good mate! Was it difficult to do? and whats that 'Limited' badge all about?

Thank you Rob. The new discs are larger than the old ones, so had to remove/replace the dust cover. This did put up a fight as the screws were ceased for the dust cover. Btw my ride is a V8 Soarer, not sure why it is called LIMITED - prob coz it is limited to 120MPH :rolleyes:

Are they not on the wrong way round?

The fronts are.

I had a feeling that the rears might be the wrong way around but I just followed the stickers on the box. The one that says right one was put on the right side and the one that says left was put on the left side! Guys have a look again.

Pic4 (Supra Big brake1.jpg): Front right

Pic6 ( Supra big brake4.jpg): Rear right

Thanks

Thanks for clarifying. What about the rear discs? What direction should the grooves on the rear disc point?

From memory the rears are handed, so they will only fit on one way around. The grooves should point in the same direction as the front though each side.

Are those brakes cheaper from Brakes International than the likes of Whifbitz/Toyota then?

After doing some research around I found the calipers and discs to be way cheaper from brakes international. Try brakes international - great website (catalogue), great customer service - Speak to Mark or Jason @ 01706 666999 and also quote my name (Raj). They now know me very well ;-)

http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/

When you check the catalogue, check for the associated parts and there you can find the drilled and grooved ones. I am sure these guys will not let you down! I would definitely buy again from them. Bought new front calipers from them for £100 + returing my old ones.