The mkiv Supra Owners Club

traffic wardens gone mad

Kopite

/rant on

just watching the news, turns out the number of parking tickets has risen by 1 million in the last year!! and would you believe that when a man got knocked off his scooter by a car, was in the ambulance with a broken leg, someone knocks on the window letting them know that the traffic wardens just put a ticket on his scooter!! its all too crazy! :devil:

/rant over :D

Yeah I saw it to, it's well f*cked up! :devil:

I still can't believe the british mentality! You'll never see anything like it in Belgium.

I once got a parkingticket in Oxford, because all the pay machines were broken, so there was just no way to pay. So they thought it was funny to give all the cars in the street a ticket! I complained and got let off, but I'm sure most off those people just payed up.

I picked up a parking ticket recently parking in a cross hatched area where a two way road is reduced to a one way bit. I was gone for 10 minutes if that. The buggerin traffic warden could only just have had time to write out the ticket LOL.

It cost me £30 but looking at it I don't grudge it really. The amount of times I have avoided paying for parking by parking in spaces like that has more than payed for that ticket. Parking round my way can be £6-£7 a day so if you add up about 10 years of technically illegal (not unsafe parking) then it was worth the ticket. I don't wanna get one every time but hey you take the risk on a dodgy parkin space you gotta be prepared to take the penalty.

On the flipside I live on a single lane road with 90 degree turnouts at both ends. On one end some berk parks his work van around the corner on the pavement so you haven't got a chance of seeing anything coming from your right at all. It pi**es me off that no-one police or traffic wardens do anything about it. Its clearly parked in a dangerous manner. Thing that double pi**es me off is that my street is only 200 yards from where I got ticketed just off a main road but will the fascists come and ticket obviously dangerous parkers?? Nope they stick to easy targets that are parked in slots that should be parking spaces but are cross hatched instead!!

My method is to make their lives hell for giving me one!

I immediatelly return it with a valid excuse! There is always one.

Recently I got 3 in a week and managed to get let off ALL of them.

1 bus lane violation£100

I told them to F&*K off politely and that there wqas an emergency vehicle approaching from behind so i pulled in to the lane

:p

Next parking ticket ( costas, fast is noce ) u got it as well mate when we went out for that drink! I told them to get lost as all the signe on the pay and display machines and the road signs were completely contradictory!

:mad:

Other one I just sent back and got no reply :-)

They need as much rief as they give

I think in anyones world £50 is quite a hit for fuck all